Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: 69 years ago

Highlighted
Advisor

Oh  I see. If Roosevelt and Churchill would have been in charge instead of Bush and Blair and if we'd have had real men like Eisenhower and Patton and Montgomery they would have simply not waited for orders and would have summarily killed them all.

I know that the attack and fall back legend lives on from Veitnam, but wasn't aware that it had ingrained itself on the right over the Iraq war.  We weren't in a war ON Iraq.  We were involved in a war IN Iraq".

Unless of course you are among those who thought our goal should be to summarily and indiscriminitly "kill them all". That would have been a tougher sell than WMDs.

Highlighted
Advisor

http://www.fordforums.com/f349/ford-turns-100-bennett-chapter-bizarre-one-thug-fords-grandson-sought...

Some of what I said was by memory. The gist is the same but this seems to be a better narrative.

Highlighted
Advisor

Your boys were the ones who royally **bleep**ed up the execution 2003-6 and would have totally run it down the drain had the voters not rebelled in 2006.

As it was The Surge got us out with a temporary tie.

Highlighted
Advisor

BTW, in the accounts by both Ricks (through his military sources) and Gates, at that point GWB became quite actively engaged, and helpful, in the process. Both give him pretty good marks from that point forward.

All part of the obituary for the historians to write on the administration. Cheney and Rumsfeld, and his reliance on them, were probably the fatal errors for an administration that might have done tolerably otherwise. Never know.

Highlighted
Advisor

Highlighted
Advisor

I'm not saying we should have been there or not. The cat's out of the bag now so somebody has to deal with it.

Highlighted
Advisor

And you would do what? What the people who got us into it are recommending? All I can make of them is whatever it is not be done by this administration as with every other issue, lots of criticism and no alternatives offered. Not that they haven't had the chance. The networks are bringing them on in droves.
Highlighted
Advisor

does this sound like a nice neighborhood? http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/06/20/hundreds-egyptian-women-and-girls-kidnapped-forced-into-isla...

what do you do Bruce? Invite these animals over for supper?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:
And you would do what? What the people who got us into it are recommending? All I can make of them is whatever it is not be done by this administration as with every other issue, lots of criticism and no alternatives offered. Not that they haven't had the chance. The networks are bringing them on in droves.

First you do is seal the border to keep the real taliban out of this country.