Did you mean: 
Craig's Brother
Senior Contributor

7 Liberal Hypocrites Who Call For Gun Control While Being Armed

44 Replies
Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: 7 Liberal Hypocrites Who Call For Gun Control While Being Armed

You and the idiot who wrote this are just a tad confused.  I also own guns but would welcome better control over who gets them.  This is NOT wishing to have all guns banned and destroyed.  It is NOT hypocritical to have and like and shoot guns and want better background checks!  You're supposed to be smart.  You do understand the difference but it doesn't fit with your bias and hatred for the man in the White House.

Craig's Brother
Senior Contributor

@Snooky1953 wrote:

You and the idiot who wrote this are just a tad confused.  I also own guns but would welcome better control over who gets them.  This is NOT wishing to have all guns banned and destroyed.  It is NOT hypocritical to have and like and shoot guns and want better background checks!  You're supposed to be smart.  You do understand the difference but it doesn't fit with your bias and hatred for the man in the White House.

By control over who gets them, you mean like Rosey O'Donnell, who thinks that only she and her friends should have them, but you and I can't?  Isn't that like Obama who is raiding dispensaries in California because only he and his friends should smoke pot, but the people of California can't?  Adam Lanza was not legally able to own the guns he used in the killing.  How therefore would better background checks prevent those such as he, who are already blocked from owning guns by existing laws, from simply stealing them, precisely the way he did, to commit these heinous crimes?  It's not that I am supposed to be smart, I am demonstrably smart.

The second amendment is clear, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" which means, handguns should probably be made available anywhere and in any way we choose, even sold anonymously in vending machines.  If guns were more available and more widely carried, catastrophes such as Sandy Hook might become a thing of the past.  If every teacher in that school was armed, the outcome may have been much different!  Making schools a gun-free zone, only empowers and protects those who violate that toothless law by showing up bringing guns, in order to do harm.  Criminals ignore the law, thus the law protects criminals.  Law abiding protectors obey the law, thus the law harms the innocent.

jput
Senior Contributor

Since most criminals are using stolen guns to commit crimes,  how would restrictions on legal gun owners prevent this?

Chicago has one of the most restrictive bunch of gun laws but criminals have no intention of obeying any laws.  When I pass on any of my guns to my heirs,  it's none of the govt. business.   What the gun grabbers want is a national data base of all the guns.   Well the criminals have no intention of registering their guns and when they steal other peoples'  guns,  registration will not prevent criminals from doing what criminals do.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

I believe you are are smart enough (just) to be obstinate.  Guns should be sold in vending machines???  I don't worry about criminals.  As you said, they will have their guns one way or another.  Someone asked the question a couple of months ago--"how many criminals (gang bangers, etc) have you seen shooting up schools or theaters?"  Even the writers of the 2nd would agree to stop insane people from having guns.  Requiring better background checks does nothing to infringe on a sane person's right to defend his home and family.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Better background checks are "restrictions"?  Only having a 10 rd clip is a viable restriction?  Criminals don't play a part in this entire scenario.  You can leave them out of it.  Would you give your son or your grandson a gun even if you knew there was something not right with him?  If he said things like "the voices told me to do it."  Or he tortured animals as a kid or was anti-social and always got into fights at school?  Would you?

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Your missing the real problem here, Snooky! These clowns, CAN'T PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK! The mental evaluation, is a real problem for these people.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Your points are to reasonable, Snooky, they can't understand what your talkin' about, watch!!

Craig's Brother
Senior Contributor

@jput wrote:

Since most criminals are using stolen guns to commit crimes,  how would restrictions on legal gun owners prevent this?

It wouldn't.  Gun restrictions only benefit the criminals as they don't abide by the restrictions, making it safer for them to prey upon those who do.

@jput wrote:

Chicago has one of the most restrictive bunch of gun laws but criminals have no intention of obeying any laws.

Chicago has THE strictest controls on guns.  Chicago requires that all firearms be registered with the police department.  I bet the cops would Ѕhit if a Black gangster would show up to register his stolen gun.  Clearly the criminals do not participate in any of these gun control measures, rendering them pointless.  Gun owners are also required to have a Chicago Firearm Permit.  The city has banned the possession of certain semi-automatic firearms that it defines as "assault weapons", as well as magazines that can hold more than 12 rounds of ammunition.  Chicago residents must "immediately" report a firearm that is stolen or lost and must report the transfer of a firearm at least 48 hours in advance.  Chicago also prohibits the sale of firearms within city limits.  In spite of all this, Chicago also has the highest amount of gun related killings in the country per capita, typically Blacks killing other Blacks.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

typically Blacks killing other Blacks

Concidering your past posts, what the hell, difference does it make to you?