cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jput
Senior Contributor

Re: 7 Liberal Hypocrites Who Call For Gun Control While Being Armed

You gotta bad attitude GOaT.      The problem is not legal guns owned by law abiding people.    Registering guns in a national database does nothing to deter criminal acts.

Further,  gun registation is a violation of 2nd Amendment rights.

Craig's Brother
Senior Contributor

@Snooky1953 wrote:

Guns should be sold in vending machines???

Absolutely!  Our Bill of Rights is clear, stating "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".  This is not vague.  Shall not be infringed.  Shall not!  My legal dictionary states, "any restrictions on the manufacture, sale, or distribution of an item constitutes an infringement".  So there you have it, selling them anonymously in vending machines tacitly is, Constitutionally legal.  Smiley Tongue

@Snooky1953 wrote:

Someone asked the question a couple of months ago--"how many criminals (gang bangers, etc) have you seen shooting up schools or theaters?"

How many?  ALL OF THEM!  Yes, without exception, ALL of them shoot up schools, outside of schools, in shopping malls, in front of shopping malls, in movie theaters, out front of movie theaters -- you get the picture.  Why do we not hear about this?  Because reporting these truths are not part of a useful narrative for the liberal media.  Keep in mind, most of the gunfire in these settings are from one gang firing at another gang.  Sure there is a few collateral victims, but again the media won't report on these as most of the victims are rival criminals.  I recently read something forwarded in my email about one gang (yes they were Blacks) shooting another gang INSIDE A CHICAGO CHURCH DURING A FUNERAL no less!  I'll see if I can find it and post it below.  So yes, these shootings do take place, often – and no, they do not get the media coverage of Sandy Hook, a tragedy which DID meet the agenda of the liberal media.

@Snooky1953 wrote:

Even the writers of the 2nd would agree to stop insane people from having guns.

How are you going to do that?  Insane people get their guns illegally – so the law does not apply.  The ONLY answer, given that you can't disarm the evil or the insane, is to arm the innocent and the sane.  The simplest answers are always the most elegant!  Smiley Happy

@Snooky1953 wrote:

Requiring better background checks does nothing to infringe on a sane person's right to defend his home and family.

It can, have you ever had the cops called on you regarding a domestic dispute?  Did you know that on the say-so alone of someone, you can today lose your gun rights if a protective order is filed against you?  Background checks do nothing to curtail crime and essentially harm the chances of the law abiding in obtaining firearms, forcing the law abiding to become criminals and obtain guns the same way as criminals.

In short, laws do nothing, or do nothing good!

jput
Senior Contributor

The gun grabbers want a list of legal guns owned by law abiding people.

The laws being proposing would not have prevented the Newtown massacre. Those guns were legally purchased with a background check, this would not have stopped something like that. Let’s be very careful about quickly trampling on the rights of people.

TuffyF
Senior Contributor

What if they were to just enforce the restrictions already there?   I say let the government prove they can do that correctly they haven't yet.  Just give one good argument why you think more laws will help?

And dont say " if it saves one more life blah blah blah"  because that cant be proven and the left supports abortion. 

I'm not pro-choice...I'm pro kindergartners. 

Faust100F
Advisor

I read a story, a few days ago about a woman who was a waitress and had gotten off work and  was standing waiting for the bus to pick her up in a Texas town.  She had her  hand on her handgun inside her purse when a fella ran by and ripped the purse from her shoulder.  

As he ran away, she realized she still had her handgun in her hand.  She pumped six rounds into the thief as he ran away.  She was arrested for shooting the guy in the back, and was brought before a Judge.  

The Judge asked her, why she shot the guy six times, she told the judge, because I did not have a seventh shot in my gun.  The Judge dismissed the case.  

Made my day.  In Iowa if a criminal is running away and you kill them you end up in Ft. Madison, that is why you always drag the body inside your house, or utilize the tried and true method in my region of getting rid of the body, drop them in an abandoned well.  I mean . . . it is called the Hemstra Defense. LMAO!   John

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Why do you guys always use abortion for every argument that you can't come up with anything logical?
Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

If it is mainly blacks killing blacks, WHY do YOU care? You are insanely opposed to the black guy in the White House!
TuffyF
Senior Contributor

I'm sorry I thought you guys said something about saving children....

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Really? Gun registration is a constitutional violation? Says who? Legal guns are not the problem? I think not! Newtown shooter used legal guns that belonged to his mother and he shot all the time. He didn't "steal" them. He used them. Had they been in a safe or had a trigger lock, he couldn't have used them. He wasn't a criminal until he pulled the trigger. He had numerous mental issues and his mother knew it but did nothing to secure her guns. Many people are killed or injured by "legal" guns each year. All guns --legal guns--should be secured in a manner that they don't become illegal guns in someone else's hands.
TuffyF
Senior Contributor

Why do you guys always use racism for every argument that you can't come up with anything logical?