cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: 7 Liberal Hypocrites Who Call For Gun Control While Being Armed

I'm sorry, I thought the thread was about guns killing people. I'm not in favor of abortion unless the mother's life is in danger or because of rape or incest. However, I am also not in favor of someone who has NOTHING to do with it deciding that a woman can't. Same with same sex marriages. It doesn't concern you. It doesn't create any hardships for you. Traditional marriages are NOT going to cease happening because of them. It DOESN'T cause harm to a man and a woman who want to marry. You don't like it--don't do it!!!
TuffyF
Senior Contributor

2nd amendment says Our rights shall not be infringed upon.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

I shall not be held to answer for a capital, my liberty and property shall not be taken.  By registering guns you are in effect coming into my house and forcing me to show you my personal property.  The government has no right to make me register my possessions. 

TuffyF
Senior Contributor

This thread is about a crazy man killing people.  Would you have been happier if he'd of went into that school with gasoline and a match?  or a bomb?  He would have found a way.     Abortion kills more than guns yet you don't want to outlaw that?  If you were truly concerned about life you'd know that. 

Your arguing for everyone's rights but gun owners?  What happens when they decide all guns need to be banned.  Please, in all seriousness tell me (without saying it won't happen)  tell me what you will say to people then?   Does that possibiblty even cross you mind?  Let's say in the make belive world they decide in two years that getting rid of "assult guns"  didn't work and now they want handguns and shotguns. 

Will you say OOPSY sorry!  Or what?  Your so self righteous about it and what your doing is unlocking and holding open the doors on your neighbors house. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Snooky1953 wrote:
Really? Gun registration is a constitutional violation? Says who? Legal guns are not the problem? I think not! Newtown shooter used legal guns that belonged to his mother and he shot all the time. He didn't "steal" them. He used them. Had they been in a safe or had a trigger lock, he couldn't have used them. He wasn't a criminal until he pulled the trigger. He had numerous mental issues and his mother knew it but did nothing to secure her guns. Many people are killed or injured by "legal" guns each year. All guns --legal guns--should be secured in a manner that they don't become illegal guns in someone else's hands.

Only thing a gun registry will be used for is to tax guns like they do property. It is no one's business but mine how many guns I have in my possession.

jput
Senior Contributor

Snook wrote:

Really? Gun registration is a constitutional violation? Says who? Legal guns are not the problem? I think not! Newtown shooter used legal guns that belonged to his mother and he shot all the time. He didn't "steal" them. He used them. Had they been in a safe or had a trigger lock, he couldn't have used them. He wasn't a criminal until he pulled the trigger. He had numerous mental issues and his mother knew it but did nothing to secure her guns. Many people are killed or injured by "legal" guns each year. All guns --legal guns--should be secured in a manner that they don't become illegal guns in someone else's hands.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong,  her kid was not authorized by him mom to use her guns to shoot her and the school children.  So yes,  he "stole" them.   Nor do we know whether or not mom had the guns locked up.    This youngster was very intelligent and could have gotten the safe combination if there was one.  We don't know because the news reporting on this has been 99% sensationalism and **bleep** little fact.  Trigger locks can be cut or disabled again by this clever kid.     What trigger locks do is prevent small children  from messing with guns when they're too young to understand the danger.   That's a good thing.   But locks won't keep an adult from disabling them,  given enough time.

Given that Adam Lanza was on a prescribed drug (according to news reports) one can speculate that that drug was wrong for him,  or possible he was mixing his prescribed drug with illegal drug(s)  use.   A deadly tank mix of chemistry. 

Adam had been rejected for gun ownership when he attempted earlier to buy one.   The system worked.    But you're never going to totally bubble wrap everyone from harm.   If any of the school office staff or teachers had completed concealed carry training and had their weapons,  Adam's massacre spree would have been cut very short.

Keep in mind that most of us rural farm folks grew up in farm homes where rifles and shotguns were not secured.   We knew the parents would blister our butts if we touched those guns without adult supervision.   Adults taught us to shoot at a very young age,  taught us respect, taught us responsibility.     It's not the guns,  Snook.......

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

And you know this how???  He wasn't turned down.  He didn't want to wait 14 days to get the gun.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

How do you explain cars, trucks, boats, etc.

Craig's Brother
Senior Contributor

@Snooky1953 wrote:
If it is mainly blacks killing blacks, WHY do YOU care?

Every tenth victim on average is a Black on White homicide.  Whenever Blacks kill Whites, it goes unreported, unprosecuted and unrepentant.

@Snooky1953 wrote:
You are insanely opposed to the black guy in the White House!

Obama is half White.  His mother was White as snow and came from Kansas.  Why must you liberals always make everything about race?  Never forget that Chicago is Obama's town – that speaks volumes right there!

Craig's Brother
Senior Contributor

@Snooky1953 wrote:
Really? Gun registration is a constitutional violation? Says who?

Says our Bill of Rights.  Our Bill of Rights is clear, stating "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".  This is not vague.  Shall not be infringed.  Shall not!  My legal dictionary states, "any restrictions on the manufacture, sale, or distribution of an item constitutes an infringement".  So there you have it and I shall repeat this as often as necessary.

“The 2nd Amendment is my conceal-carry permit.” — Ted Nugent

jput
Senior Contributor

According to a report at nbcnews.com Adam Lanza, who murdered twenty children and six adults at the Sandy Hook Elementary School yesterday, had tried to buy a rifle at a **bleep**’s Sporting Good store on Tuesday. “Adam Lanza, 20, went to a **bleep**’s Sporting Goods store in Danbury, Conn., on Tuesday to buy the weapon, but was turned down because he didn’t want to undergo a background check or abide by the state’s waiting period for gun sales, the officials said.”