cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: The 900,000 number has been reported all week.

2.175 M hospitalized thus far.

A couple hundred thousand of the deaths were probably never hospitalized- that's part of why they don't show up in the official count.

But anway, assume that under 1918 conditions they all would have died, and then some.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

One could reasonably assume that much of the undercount was in Red places.

I guess Kristi's Grandma got to chip in.

As i said before, one basic stat that I'm pretty well nigh certain is highly accurate is deaths. You can miscategorize them but they're hard to hide.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

It would be fair to surmise that several hundred K of those deaths were pulled forward from the next few (so it is, in fact, just a statistic).

So it will be interesting to see how the factor that I mentioned- under diagnosed/treated serious disease, will balance out against it in future mortality rates.

Covid will keep it elevated to some degree for at least the next year, anyway. Hopefully nowhere near that magnitude.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Florida's DeSantes is all the time crowing about....

Florida's DeSantis is all the time crowing about his low Covid deaths but there is a well-founded suspicion that he is deliberately under-reporting Covid deaths.

If you do a simple analysis using just the CDC's Weekly Counts of Deaths comparing weekly deaths between 2019 & 2020,  2020 shows 33,343 more deaths than 2019, compared with Florida's 21,673 reported Covid deaths, a difference of 11,670.  Covid deaths in Florida could be as much as 54% undercounted, just in 2020 alone.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Not to mention, how many people got Covid in Florida on vacation, and took it home and died there.   In this case, what happens in Florida, definitely didn’t stay in Florida.

DeSantes is a very, very bad man.   Opening up his state, for the revenue, was wrong.   Americans need to boot his as s out of this country - or jail him with Thump and Rudy.   The sooner - the better.

Jen

bruce MN
Advisor

Hush.

Save it for the ‘24 campaign to make sure that something factual is deployed.

Might want to get that fired woman who suffered the home invasion out of wraps.  

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Hush.          Save it for the ‘24 campaign)

Because senile joe's accomplishments won't be enough on their own??? Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@Edmund55 wrote:

(Hush.          Save it for the ‘24 campaign)

Because senile joe's accomplishments won't be enough on their own??? Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Worldometer say 595k total covid deaths, must have cooked the numbers.