cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

A Cold Spell

The United States will be subjected to the coldest air mass in 20 years, this week.  This is after massive cold and snow in the desert SW a few weeks ago.... Also, last April was the 4th coldest April, on record, and that after setting a record low of -19 below zero F, in Des Moines, on New Year's Day 2018. 

Perhaps God is having great fun with certain climate soothsayers. 

Keep an eye on the livestock. 

12 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: A Cold Spell

(Perhaps God is having great fun with certain climate soothsayers.) 

Hopefully that will add an extra couple of days to the January 2031 ending of the world.

Senior Contributor

Is it supposed to get hotter or colder?  I wanna get prepared.

Senior Advisor

The scientist will let you know after it happens. The only thing they know for sure it is all because of man. Not women.

Veteran Advisor

Millie, you have just proven your are only stirring the pot because as smart as you are, you know the effects the warming of the oceans and the land have on weather.  That's like saying the starving people on the planet aren't real because I just ate and am full.

Senior Contributor

Wind chill factor here, Wednesday and Thursday will be FIFTY + below ZERO. The temperature averages are dropping, not rising. 

But, carry on.  Your folks desperately need the Carbon Tax cash for winning elections. 

Honored Advisor

Here we`re going to have a low of -30 on Wednesday with a high of -20 and -65 windchills.  It`s just nuts and a snow storm tonight.  I really wonder if "Winter blend" will cut it, if it gets much colder than -30?   Maybe have to run kerosine. 

Would be a hell of a deal to lose power or furnace trouble  Smiley Surprised

Senior Contributor

I spent the afternoon getting all the hay feeders filled, cornstalk bales spread out, and trying to get the water system ready for the intense cold and wind. 

I was wondering about the railroad tracks that are continuous welded steel that will break under the extreme cold temperatures. 

Honored Advisor

Maybe they won`t run trains during the extreme cold? I think it`ll be 38 above if we can make it to Saturday.  I`ve got a few cows and heifers due on Valentines Day, I`m not taking chances, they get locked up. 

Veteran Advisor

You got data for your claim?