cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

A Modest proposal

Since we all agree that it is at all fair for people who invest, run businesses and generally make the world go 'round to have to pay more taxes than lazy people who just work for a living (that's pretty obvious, isn't it?) the following proposal seems in order.

Abolish the hated Death Tax and all taxes on capital- capital gains, interest, dividends. Abolish the corporate tax as well- corporations may have the same rights as individuals when it comes to political speech but that doesn't mean the gubmint has the right to tax them.

Since it isn't fair to tax one person more than another, all citizens should be assessed a $12,000 annual fee as their portion of proposed expenditures.

Anyone who is unable to pay the assessment on himself and each dependent will be offered the following options:

1)  6 month loan from the US Treasury at 39.9% interest.

2)  Accept voluntary deportation

3)  Sell themselves into slavery to a willing party who, in return for their servitude, is required to nominally feed and house them and pay their federal assessment.

I further propose that we appoint our good and faithful servant Craig Milligan as Head Overseer of Economic Slaves and that we pay him just enough to pay the assessment on himself and his family and to have a pot to piss in.

EPILOGUE. It sounded like a good idea at the time but a funny thing happened.  Consumer demand plummeted, mortgage defaults skyrocketed and the financial system collapsed within weeks. Most formerly rich people were bankrupted immediately and some were able to meld into the angry crowds undetected and avoid retribution. A few of the formerly rich managed to buy gold, land and other assets that were not tied to someone else's capacity to buy a product or service debt. But most were captured by angry mobs and subjected to serial buttrape.

All commercial farmers were effectively broke almost immediately. The good news was that with the absence of a functioning legal system, nobody could really repossess anything. But that meant there was also nobody to enforce legal title to anything.....

fwiw, h

9 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: A Modest proposal

That's really funny and worth the 5 minutes of my life to read and contemplate it.

I believe in the flat tax, allowing for a tax exclusion for farm machinery and farm land estates.

Veteran Advisor

And in favor of farm subsidies.

Hey that's OK.

I know people without children who complain bitterly that since they decided to not have children it is grossly unfair that they have to pay taxes to fund schools and that they don't get the same tax deductions.

Go ahead and die off.

Senior Contributor

ey nox, who ever said life was fair?

How about the guy that owns no property, pays no property tax, and yet sends his kids to public school? Is he getting off with a free-be? The law funds schools from property taxes. Life ain't fair

Or take the old lady in the rest home, has nothing to her name, and the state pays the bill for her room, while her roommate is in the process of forced selling her farm to generate the cash to pay for her room, as it is a law the state has in place to protect those of old age with nothing to their name. If you have assets, they must be exhausted before the state will help. Life ain't fair.

And what about that great big semi tractor-trailer pullng a big hill slowing down all the traffic behind him. You could pass, but, are chanceing it with the yellow line on your side. So you sit back behind him going slower and slower as he pulls and wonder why you got behind him in the first place. Then, from somewhere behind, a blur and roar outside your car as another car decides to take the chance and pass. They succeed, and get away from the slow moving truck. Should you report  the offender or copy him? Life ain't fair.

So you see, lots of instances of life ain't fair, and I am sure you could add to them.

As I have said many times on here, if you want the tax deduction simply jump thru the hoops and you will get it. Why in the he-ll take it away?

Oh, and yes, one thing we can agree on, I will die off, hopefully later rather than sooner. Would you not say the same? Does it make any difference to you, while alive, if you leave a sizable amount of your estate to the state after battleing their restrictive tax laws your entire business life ? Once room temp who gives a sheet anyway. Life ain't fair.

Senior Advisor

If a guy rents a house he is indirectly paying property taxes.

Why in the hell take it away? Because we can't afford it. Everybody can't pay less. Those without earning can't pay it . We that are fortunate enough to make money need to pay taxes. Who is going to pay taxes if not those of us with good earnings.

You oassing the bill mpon to those that can't avoid taxation.

Veteran Advisor

I think that is exactly what I was saying- life isn't fair. Sometimes you're even extraordinarily fortunate, and subsidizedd and HAVE TO PAY A SMALL PORTION OF IT IN TAXES.

Senior Contributor

"If a guy rents a house he is indirectly paying property taxes."

Yes! The consumer always pays the taxes.

Senior Contributor

remember under the dumocrats reign you tax everything that moves and everything that does not starting withn the poor and middle class

Veteran Advisor

Hi 4wd,

I understand if you don't want to pay any more taxes than you have to, want as much money for yourself, your family and your business as you possibly can get, etc. That's OK.

But honestly, for a grain farmer the arguments about how we hold the economy up on our shoulders just doesn't wash- there is about 100% excess capacity- we're just taking up space- and by the way, we're just adding to that excess capacity by encouraging farmers to overpay John Deere and their dealers for new combinnes.

Good luck, but if it all doesn't work out, don't turn fascist over it.

Best, h

Senior Advisor

I favor tax exclusion for anything I have to buy.