cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

A simple way to test Lev's claims

would be for the Senate to subpoena relevant witnesses.

If he's fabricating his claims he's in a whole lot more trouble. 

Although if he is, he's done a very careful study of how to fit it all very neatly into the well established factual narrative.

24 Replies
cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

Re: A simple way to test Lev's claims

This is the same ploy as the Kavenaugh inquisition ploys. Exactly the same. 

This chump is a proven liar. 

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Actually merely indicted. And while I have no way of knowing the truthfulness of what he initially told the authorities, misrepresentation isn't a part of the charge unless funneling Russian cash to Republicans can be thus construed.

The defendant in the matter is a proven liar of almost unmatched degree. Anyone who could pretend otherwise is a potential danger to themselves and others.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The Ukrainian born mobster made deals with corrupt FBI agents to stay out of the can or less time in the can.  If Lev is such a "Bombshell!" why the hell didn`t the House call him to testify?  Has Lev ever met Trump beyond a photo op?    The House had their chance, but they had the Christmas time limit for political reasons and sluffed through it.  It`s not the Senate`s burden to make their stupid case.  They can pound sand!

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Not even a first hand witness to The Perfect Call?

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Something better, the call transcript. 

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Sure, if we've time.  First probably the actual president of ukraine.  Then joe and hunter.  Next Viktor Shokin.  Eric C. Schiff, Nancy, nadler.   All the depositions taken by schiff without exception need to be entered.   Plenty I've forgotten, but we've got time, lots of witnesses.    How did barry not know biden was cashing in on his office, the senate should ask him.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Don't know if there's a way to do transactions across this medium but I'll bet anybody $100 that if any of the first hand witnesses would actually manage to get onto the witness line up (unlikely, I suppose)  that Dennison will immediately claim executive privilege (because that's what innocent guys do*). I strongly suspect that is what will happen with Bolton and he'll just smile and say "buy my book."

I don't know the actual rules of the road here- I'm not sure that there are a lot, or a lot of solid precedents. But I don't know if Roberts has the authority to compel the witnesses like in a real trial, or not.

I'm thinking that the Senate majority may at least believe that they can override anything from the presiding officer with a simple majority.