cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEP "China Turning Into Giant North Korea

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ambroseevans-pritchard/100025942/china-turning-into-giant-north...

Read the whole thing, AEP isn't wholehearted promoting the notion.

"Assumptions that China is following the path of Taiwan are wrong. Taiwan was never a totalitarian party system. China is Leninist to the core, with a predatory ruling elite, and has gone to great lengths to prevent any pluralist alternatives from emerging. Minxin says there is no precedent in history of such a regime extricating itself smoothly by sharing power. It will go down fighting, if it can."

I personally think that Xi needs to hire Vlad's NY PR firm and get some hunk shots with guns and Harleys out there, pronto.

2 Replies
Advisor

Re: AEP "China Turning Into Giant North Korea

there is no precedent in history of such a regime extricating itself smoothly by sharing power

I think the same applies to our bureaucracy

Re: AEP "China Turning Into Giant North Korea

Like the Vladism that is extant here, I'm really left without much to say about the assertions of equivalency.

But as far as the liberatarian cause goes, I do have to ask myslef if I'd be forced to hold my nose in regards to several things and vote for Rand Paul if I actually thought that he would dismantle the security state- which is that part of the bureacracy (actually mostly "private") that worries me most urgently.

I can live with the Trotskyites at the zoning board for now.

That's highly hypothetical because he hasn't proven anything of the sort to me.

A leftist candidate could also do the same and find less internal objection from their base but I don't see that happening either.