cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Question Knapper

If she KNEW her kid had problems, then she is negligent in taking him shooting, and not keeping her guns locked up, whether it was legal or not.   Just like texting while driving drunk without a seatbelt was stupid, even before there was a law against it.

Veteran Advisor

Duh!!!

Veteran Advisor

Yes, these people get their guns legally---under current laws as bought and paid for by the nra. Perhaps you can read this? http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/07/us/gun-control-explained.html?_r=1

Perhaps this will explain how the NRA has circumvented even common sense.

Senior Contributor

So, if she obviously should have kept the guns locked up, but didn't, how can one be so sure another law would have prevented the tragedy.

Underage drinking, as well as drinking and driving has been illegal longer than I have been alive, but I lost more than a few friends who were underage because of alcohol and car keys.  The law didn't seem to prevent that.   I guess it kept some of the kids sober, but the ones who were worried about getting caught weren't the ones to drink and drive anyway, and the laws just made the kids determined to get wasted get more creative about how to do it.

Senior Contributor

gunnss.jpg

Senior Contributor

If that is your answer, I give you credit for stating your stance.   Too often, I hear people saying that something should be done, and there should be a law, but can't answer what that law should be.