cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

AR15 saves man's life

Thia is why we have the second amendment. Self protection. And this man faced four suspects. This is why we are allowed fire power. You never know what you might have to face in a life or death situation. Had this man been armed with a single shot he would be dead and the criminals would have walked away with his belongings.

Marion County sheriff’s officials say a homeowner armed with an AR-15 shot and killed two intruders and was injured himself during a home invasion robbery in Summerfield Wednesday night.

Two other robbery suspects — Robert John Hamilton, 19, of Ocala, and Seth Adam Rodriguez, 22, of Belleview — were detained near the scene, according to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office.

Nigel Doyle, 22, of Summerfield, and Keith Jackson Jr., 21, Ocala, were killed. The homeowner, whose name was not released by the Sheriff’s Office, was in stable condition at a hospital Thursday afternoon.

https://www.ocala.com/news/20190711/summerfield-homeowner-injured-kills-2-intruders-with-ar-15

9 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: AR15 saves man's life

Thia is why we have the second amendment. Self protection. And this man faced four suspects. This is why we are allowed fire power. You never know what you might have to face in a life or death situation. Had this man been armed with a single shot he would be dead and the criminals would have walked away with his belongings

No it is not the reason. It’s not even justification. How many times a year does that scenario play out? I don’t know but it wouldn’t be within a bulls roar of the 160 massacres in your country so far this year.  Why haven’t you been advertising that? “Our second amendment allows us to blow the snot out kids in high school”. How’s that for a “reason” for the second amendment? 

I’d give everything I own to stop the mass slaughter of innocent kids around the world if it would stop gun nuts and their egos hiding behind that filthy second amendment. 

Veteran Advisor

https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/amendments/amendment-ii

"Yet the Amendment was easily accepted because of widespread agreement that the federal government should not have the power to infringe the right of the people to keep and bear arms, any more than it should have the power to abridge the freedom of speech or prohibit the free exercise of religion."

Senior Contributor

@WCMO wrote:

https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/amendments/amendment-ii

"Yet the Amendment was easily accepted because of widespread agreement that the federal government should not have the power to infringe the right of the people to keep and bear arms, any more than it should have the power to abridge the freedom of speech or prohibit the free exercise of religion."

That is my point entirely. When was the first time your guns were used to overthrow a rogue government? As hideous as it is, has your religion ever been contemplated for abolishment? 

None of that is relevant. It should include “drug crazed idiots are forbidden to slaughter children in schools like sandy hook and every person should have a background check and mental assessment prior to owning a gun”. 

If you want to talk common sense ( which incidentally is not that common among the gun community) get back to me Rowdy. 

Veteran Advisor

Well, not being a religious person, I perhaps don't think about many things quite the same way as those who are religious.  At the same time, I generally don't throw my religious nor non-religious thoughts into anyone's face, it generally is not part of the discussion.

Yet unless you hadn't noticed, murder is not legal in the US, it might not even be legal in Australia.  

There are restrictions on gun ownership in many cities and states.  That apparently doesn't stop some of the thugs and wackos from obtaining them.

Who's Rowdy?

Senior Contributor

The reference is to the cowboy irresponsible attitude towards guns and comes from the Wild West days.  Clint Eastwood - Rowdy Yates. 

Strangely enough murder is illegal here too.  I wonder why? Honestly, I don’t care if every US citizen has 50 guns and packs heat going shopping. The problem with your saturation of guns is perpetuating. Some officials mentions guns and within days the gun shops are empty of weapons and ammo.  Where’s the logic in that? Why can’t you people see the problem is the people? 

Veteran Advisor

Ahhh, Rawhide, good show!

You do know that much of the "Wild West" depicted in those shows is fictional, right?

And, just my opinion, most (if not nearly all) of the problem with guns is actually a people problem, not a gun problem.   You can regulate guns all you want, it still won't fix the people, and the thugs will still have guns, legal or not, doesn't matter to them.

Personally, I know some people who have handguns, with permits to carry them, and they have no valid reason that I know of for doing so.  Of course, if my rifle is in my pickup, I don't necessarily take it out and put it in the house when I go get parts or something.  So, guess it's really not all that much different.  

Also know people who probably have never touched a gun, don't seem to understand that guns don't have minds of their own, and don't have any idea why anyone would ever want to own a gun.  At least, until they've been the victim of a home invasion, or worse.

Senior Contributor

@WCMO wrote:

Ahhh, Rawhide, good show!

You do know that much of the "Wild West" depicted in those shows is fictional, right?

======

Well I am ambivalent to that assumption because I have witnessed the disrespect for guns and human life  and have yet to be convinced your country has evolved from this days 

======

And, just my opinion, most (if not nearly all) of the problem with guns is actually a people problem, not a gun problem.   You can regulate guns all you want, it still won't fix the people, and the thugs will still have guns, legal or not, doesn't matter to them.

Personally, I know some people who have handguns, with permits to carry them, and they have no valid reason that I know of for doing so.  Of course, if my rifle is in my pickup, I don't necessarily take it out and put it in the house when I go get parts or something.  So, guess it's really not all that much different.  

Also know people who probably have never touched a gun, don't seem to understand that guns don't have minds of their own, and don't have any idea why anyone would ever want to own a gun.  At least, until they've been the victim of a home invasion, or worse.

I have heard that justification a million times but not yet one word about the children from sandy hook.  That incident  is tattooed on my mind.  Yet you all close ranks behind the NRA, continue the dogma and miss the most apt moment to prevent it reoccurring.  It’s almost as if you care nothing about your fellow Americans. I’ll bet you will be deathly silent when one of these tragedies affects you personally.  

Veteran Advisor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting

Sandy Hook, quite a tragedy.  That dude was crazy.  But again, the guns didn't just jump up and go kill people.  Lanza needed help that he did not receive, he had access to his mom's guns, and he likely spent a year or more studying other mass shootings as he selected his target, weapons,  timing, outfit, etc.  The primary key to possibly preventing this shooting was his mom, who could have cleared the house of weapons, who should have gotten her son the mental help he needed, who should not have allowed her son his no-access room where he cut himself off from the world, did his research, and made his plans. 

"He had cut off contact with both his father and brother in the two years before the shooting and at one point communicated with his mother, who lived in the same house, only by email."

"He was also living in almost total isolation in his room, spending most of his time on the internet playing World of Warcraft and other video games. The report stated that he "descended" into a world where his only communication with the outside world was with members of a cyber-community, "a small community of individuals that shared his dark and obsessive interest in mass murder."

Sad as this entire tragedy is/was, it still makes no sense to blame an inanimate object, nor to severely restrict the rights of people would never do the same as Lanza did.  The point being, how do we identify people like Lanza, get them the help they desperately need, and keep weapons out of their hands.

Senior Contributor

Everybody knows that well rehearsed justification for guns.  What you said is correct.  The root problem is the fact you people have access to far to many guns which in turn gives idiots more options how to get one.  This country went through this in 1996. The government buy back never totally eliminated gun deaths but the last incident before that killed 36 innocent people. 

So don’t tell me how to minimise senseless killings.  The whole world is saying you have a problem with guns. 

Just recently I saw a pic of some dude shopping with his wife carrying three pistols.  What has your country become when some idiot feels it necessary to display his ego.  Little wonder you environment is dangerous. Cheers comrade.