cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Frequent Contributor

AZ Congresswoman shot!

A 22 year old from Tucson shot and killed 5 people and wounded about 18 more this morning including Rep. Giffords From Sierra Vista, AZ.  Her husband is a Capt. at NASA and is an astronaut.  She took a bullet to the back of the head.  She survived the shot and surgery but is in ICU at this time.  Hope to God this nut doesn't turn out to be a young republican.  He ranted about the govt and mind control etc. on My Space and YouTube.  BTW, I saw her in Sierra Vista at a gun shop where a friend of mine works about 5 weeks ago.  She is a card carrying concealed weapon holder in the state.

51 Replies
Democratforlife
Frequent Contributor

Re: AZ Congresswoman shot!

Don't know if the shooter was/is a republican but, they do think he is a military veteran. Does that change your perception of him now?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/08/AR2011010802422.html?hpid=topnews

schnurrbart
Frequent Contributor

They don't know if he has been accepted into a branch of the military or not as of about 4PM mst.  He made a comment on MySpace that he had been accepted at some testing center for the military but they have not said he was a veteran.  He is sounding more and more like a young man very confused about a lot of things that are vaguely referred to as the govt,, new money system and mind control crap.  Hope he wasn't affiliated with any of the parties but I have my suspicions.   Just re-read your post Dem.  Just what perception do you think I have of this guy?  I think he is a dirtbag--confused and maybe mislead by certain political folks talking about "lock and load" and putting a rifle scope crosshairs on Rep. Giffords on an anti-Giffords campaign poster during the election but a dirtbag just the same.  I suspect that he fancies himself as someone who can change things by killing the opposition like some talk about on here. 

Democratforlife
Frequent Contributor

Hope he wasn't affiliated with any of the parties but I have my suspicions.

Yep, I do to.

Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

schnurrbart
Frequent Contributor

Well, a couple of things.  First, we know he isn't illegal.  Don't know if he is gay or not but since Rep. Giffords isn't against gays, that would be immaterial.  And, YES, I know several rightwingnuts here and elsewhere (palin put out an ad calling Giffords a target and showed her head with crosshairs on it) have voiced violence to rid the world of liberals.  He might be a liberal but with what he has posted on the internet, I would bet against it.  What else you got?

Democratforlife
Frequent Contributor

Just re-read your post Dem.  Just what perception do you think I have of this guy?

I have no idea what goes through your head. I just said I have my suspicions also.

r3020
Senior Contributor

I hope the guy gets to spend the rest of his life in jail and is some ape's boy toy.

Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

It's the mindset. Michelle Bachmann says she wants Minnesotans to be armed and dangerous. Others "hinting" that taking up arms against fellow americans may be a political option.

Throwing around such glib comments just might trigger some looney into thinking that violence is credible option.