cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Abbott signs an executive order against all mandatory vaccinations, ...

Despite the fact that more than 250 Texans per day are still dying of Covid and Texas is one of the states with a low vaccination rate.   With a population of 29 million and barely 50% vaccinated, there are still a lot of vulnerable people.  In fact, there are plenty of counties in Texas where less than 60% of their 65+ year-olds are vaccinated,  a lot of counties with 30% or less of their 12+ year-olds vaccinated.

Mark my words, the pandemic will continue on, & on, & on in Texas. 

7 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Abbott signs an executive order against all mandatory vaccinations, ...

It walks across their southern border by the millions. No mandate for the ILLEGAL aliens.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

But that it were true, all the more reason to get everybody vaccinated.

BTW, I believe the dictator’s edict applies to all vaccines.

A cult of death and pestilence.

bruce MN
Advisor

Things don’t look particularly encouraging for our greater culture.  ***** like this seems to be the order of the day.  With people who back it really, really backing it. 

The only thing that might make a person think it won’t prevail is that the demagogues seem to be in a certain amount of competition with each other. 

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I'd sink into absolute despair if I didn't believe that a tiny portion peel away with each successive step on the race to the bottom.

Still, the remaining third will be armed, dangerous and crazier than ever.

bruce MN
Advisor

In unpredictable fashion.

Lot’s of zany local stuff going on.  

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Sorta like that "Tea" stuff among folks who didn't remotely understand what had just happened and didn't want to.

Also grifty like that.

"Much like a drug, when you hook people on fear like that, you have to keep delivering bigger doses."

-Tom Nichols

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Abbott sends all the wrong messages.

I could see it if Abbott said, "it's your choice to get vaccinated but you're a damn fool if you don't."

But that's not the message Abbott is sending at all.  In essence, he's saying, "not only don't I care if you get vaccinated but I'm going to make it as difficult as possible."

And that fool West is even worse, he actually continues to claim there's something wrong with it.

Those fellows literally have blood on their hands.