cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SellerB
Frequent Contributor

About those sugar drinks:

Today a judge struck down New York City's limit on the size of sugar-laden drinks shortly before it was set to take effect.

That caused me to think about the lady at our grocery on Sat. who had a huge amount of soft drinks in her cart ahead of us. She had an interesting way of loading the four 8 paks of 20 oz. Bottles of Mountain Dew – four hanging on the inside, four on the outside, because she needed the room for all the 2 liter cokes she had in the cart.

Anyway, conveniently under my watchful eyes, they rang up the soft drinks first – total was $41.00.

Then they rang up her food items, much of which was the “junk” class, the total was $110.00.

So her diet (or caloric intake) consists of almost 40% soft drinks? Can I make that assumption?

She was of average weight, so I wonder if her kids are the members of the young obesity class, those who play video games for hours with no school PE in their schedule. Will she or her family become members of the growing diabetic population? Which will cost Medicare dearly in the future.

I was going to ask her about her purchase, but the wife said leave it alone!! I do like to watch what is in those grocery carts – what people buy tells a lot – its best to watch when they are waiting in line.

And then there are those young female obese checkout clerks that I wonder about. More later on that.

14 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: About those sugar drinks:

Maybe you should have the cleck send her bar code to the federal government and they can cut off her health care. Did she pay with food stamps?

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

I suggest you people mind your own business. Maybe you should go to work, you obviously have to much time on your hands.

SellerB
Frequent Contributor

She wrote a check. 

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Seller, doesn't it frost your butt knowing your wife has more sense than you do???
SellerB
Frequent Contributor

I just thought I should inform her that she had made rather unhealthy decisions for her family, diet-wise!

Yes my wife does not like confrontation.

FARM4EVER
Contributor

My wife would have done the same thing as yours.  However, should you have been able to communicate, it would have done no good. 

www.farm4ever.com

64073652_scaled_342x232.jpg

SellerB
Frequent Contributor

Great One – I think you missed my point – I do mind my own business and I do work.

The motive for my post on this is Car Talk on MPR last Sat. They opened the show by saying that we all should be supplied signs saying “I'm Stupid”, with a rope attached for hanging around the neck of some stupid person we come upon.

How many stupid people do we come across each week? Would 10 signs be enough?

I happen to think this woman gorging on sugar is stupid, and her purchases will cost us someday, somehow.

The decisions we all make each day will affect our society in some small way.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Everybody knows that pop isn`t good for you.  From the flouridated water that`s the main ingredient to the HFCS that shifts your appetite into high gear to the phosphorus that does a number on your teeth.  It should be outlawed for human consumption and only used as a rust remover, but it`s a free country, if drinking that slough-water is someone`s biggest sin, there are worse things to go after. I know what it is, I was addicted to the crap for the best part of 4 decades.

You can`t sell raw milk, people have drank that for thousands of years, yet we bottle low grade poisons and market it to the people. I guess it`s all in public relations. Smiley Happy

r3020
Senior Advisor

@SellerB wrote:

Great One – I think you missed my point – I do mind my own business and I do work.

The motive for my post on this is Car Talk on MPR last Sat. They opened the show by saying that we all should be supplied signs saying “I'm Stupid”, with a rope attached for hanging around the neck of some stupid person we come upon.

How many stupid people do we come across each week? Would 10 signs be enough?

I happen to think this woman gorging on sugar is stupid, and her purchases will cost us someday, somehow.

The decisions we all make each day will affect our society in some small way.

How would you like it if the lady went through your cart and threw out the things she thought you didn't need?