cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

Ag people the luckiest people in the world!

I just think that the rural life is the american dream. I unfortunately, am unable at this point to live in the country. I am a young widow and had to move to the "city". I miss it, I was just getting along well with the non-violent Join Up method of horse training and then tragedy. Keep up the good life! I sure think you are very, very lucky....Smiley Wink

9 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Ag people the luckiest people in the world!

What is this all about?  There is more to this then what you have written.  Strip down darling and tell us more about you.

Senior Contributor

I agree sweetie. I don't think anyone on this board would argue with you. Can't beat it. Where else can you live where you can walk out back by a tree and relieve yourself without worry about being turned in for leud behavior? Or, fire off a couple of rounds from your 40 cal S&W at a stray dog or possum without some cops showing up and taking it away from you. Yeah, I think our property freedoms are the reason we keep on keeping on out here.

If you are good lookin and a bit liberal, you might consider moving in with a farmer? Most farmers always could use a few more hands for the work. Can you drive a stick transmission and work a clutch? Another necessity. Still of child bearing age and capability (everything is intact and still functioning) is another plus.

Senior Contributor

Can you drive a stick transmission and work a clutch?   - Jesus - I could have some fun with those few words but not on here.

Honored Advisor

Smiley Very Happy   A local woman took her car to a repair shop and wanted "a mechanic to take a look at her rear end". 

Contributor

Why do you have to turn an innocent post into something dirty or ugly? I am not trying anything, just posting something I think is important to say.

I just miss my horses, and those of you who have them should treat them a little better, Thats all.

Senior Contributor

If you want to get away from this lewd behavior, I would suggest the Women in Ag page. I pity the wives that have to mother these kids. Most of the time, they just stick pokers in each others' faces, but give them an inch and they'll take a mile, just like uncontrollable kids.

Senior Contributor

I see you have travelled to the high moral ground. "LEWD BEHAVIOR" indeed.  The terminology was metaphorically speaking but that might be a little bit deep for you godbothering sanctamonious puritans.   In fact, this person comes on here telling farmers how lucky that are when nothing can be further from the truth.  It seems to me, the more I borrow and bigger the risks I take, the luckier I get.  Where is the luck in that strategy.   Then she alerts us to being a horse head.  Anyone who pours money into those bottomless pits has to be seen to.  Although Craig would love her.

Senior Advisor

Actually  HillO'Beans, we are lucky. Lucky to live the lives we have and able to provide so much bounty for humanity. I gather you are ahorse lover and long for the ability to live in a rural area and enjoy your association with those particular animals.

We also had our day with horses and enjoyeed our association with them. However, there came a day when the work and what one spent out weighed the enjoyment we received. Yes. they went to an auction. Horses can be a costly hobby if you funds are limited. Plus owning horses and buying feed is cost prohibitive.

Be sure to return anytime. Don't let a few ill mannered retorts drive you away. Few of us are ornery all the time but some are and you just have to ignore them,

I hope you are one day able to return to your life of choice. Yeah i'm luckier than I deserve to be.

Senior Contributor

I agree with you HillOBeans.   I have no desire to live in town although there was a time in my teens and early twenties where I would have rather lived in town and been closer to my friends.   I even enjoy living in the country where my local "home town" is a small town with a population around 2500.  A couple of week ago the wife and I were driving around Clear Lake looking at the homes crowded along the lake shore with some houses only a 4 or 5 feet from the neighbors house.  We both said how we would never want to live with our neighbors so close.  As a side note we noticed there were a bunch of those lake front houses for sale.

Some of my friends from bigger cities think I'm nuts and can not imagine living so far away from the cities and their favorite stores.   However I'm not big into shopping and look at it more as a chore I want to hurry through and not something I greatly enjoy or look forward to.  When it comes to clothes all I need is my Wranglers for work and a pair of good going away Levi's and I have half of my wardrobe taken care of.  Never been one for the latest styles or fancy clothes.  Although I think it bugs the wife a bit as she enjoys dressing up much more then I.   But then she looks much better all dolled up then I do. 

Keep your head up and I bet things will work out for you some day and you can return to the country way of life you enjoy.  I have always been a believer that things turn out pretty well for most folks if they keep a positive attitude and work hard.