cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

“Agriculture” and fascism

No sector is better positioned to be favored in a future fascist regime than agriculture- if you define it by the current industrial scale setup.

Still, the assumption is that the iron fist of the regime will reestablish order and the rule of law once The Folk have been used to destabilize the order of things.

Sometimes it seems like a lotta folks stocked up on guns and ammo they didn’t need and then set about creating the conditions where they will.

I just don’t see how a lot of landless peasants, once empowered, stop.

16 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: “Agriculture” and fascism

Although the landholding aristocracy did maintain a complete hold on their localities and states during Jim Crow.

But they had the benefit of lots of negroes among them to be feared and despised.

Don’t know if fear of terrible things happening off in some distant place will work.

Got some Mexicans, I guess.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

There aren`t enough farmers to effect the kind of change that you`re fearing, even in Iowa.   Nationally, if you figure "fascist farmers" defined as what grossing over $1 million in sales?   There`s by far enough welfare clowns to overwhelm them and the ballot box.  I`ve said it before, but the 400 acre 70yr old maybe keeps going  with the intermittent subsidy, but the 35yr old hotshot with 20,000 acres, would just as soon there wasn`t subsidies so he could gobble up more 400 acre operations.  

To the real "fascist farmer" subsidies are no longer a factor in their profitability, the "walmartization" of agriculture has taken care of that.  When there is a ag subsidy, the payment doesn`t even cover seed costs which are $100/acre.  

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

To my point.

And even those guys appear to overwhelmingly support fascism.

Nothing more dangerous than radicals who lack the imagination to consider what happens next.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I have my doubts whether Jesus and The Market step in to right the ship.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I just heard of a local land sale, a young guy bought his grandpa`s 80, 5 yrs ago $6,900. Word got out it was too far away to run to farm it and news travelled, phone wouldn`t quit ringing.  Nextdoor neighbor said "I`ll give you $14,000/acre or rent it for $300" , the young man took the $14K offer, profitably farmed for 5 years and then doubled his money selling it.  Had he not I`d have to`ve said `that`s where 2 fools met, the one who offered it and the one who turned it down`.   But there`s so damned much money out there, government subsidies aren`t even a drop in the bucket anymore.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

🙂   It`s funny you run through the streets calling everyone "fascist" yet farmers I know want government out of farming.  It`s the communists who give farmers programs and tell them to plant filter strips and pay to seed cover crops.  

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I’m only really talking about The Big Subsidy- the belief that the gubmint will always step in somehow because it did for Granddad and Dad- So just keep the pedal to the metal.

But I’m not talking about subsidies here at all, other than that on the surface it would appear that a fascist government would be friendly.

I’m talking about the rule of law.

r3020
Senior Advisor

You can't talk about the rule of law if you support open borders and sanctuary cities.

r3020
Senior Advisor

BA, all nQx has got is to try to tear down his enemies. He supports fascism at every turn.