cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Alfred McCoy, 2010 quote

"Riding a political tide of disillusionment and despair," I wrote in December 2010, "a far-right patriot captures the presidency with thundering rhetoric, demanding respect for American authority and threatening military retaliation or economic reprisal. The world pays next to no attention as the American Century ends in silence."

4 Replies
Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Re: Alfred McCoy, 2010 quote

("Riding a political tide of disillusionment and despair," I wrote in December 2010, "a far-right patriot captures the presidency with thundering rhetoric, demanding respect for American authority and threatening military retaliation or economic reprisal. The world pays next to no attention as the American Century ends in silence.")

Salon boy NQX - was he referring to Trump or senile joe:

McCoy quote:  The United States remains so dependent upon foreign oil that a few adverse developments in the global energy market in 2025 spark an oil shock. By comparison, it makes the 1973 oil shock (when prices quadrupled in just months) look like the proverbial molehill.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: As more and more insurrectionists are arrested, ....

As more and more insurrectionists are arrested, it becomes more & more apparent that trump has recruited an actual army of domestic terrorists no different in nature than those that make up ISIS, driven by the same radical devotion to their leader, trump.

Over and over, we hear them say, "because trump told us to."

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(As more and more insurrectionists are arrested, it becomes more & more apparent that trump has recruited an actual army of domestic terrorists no different in nature than those that make up ISIS, driven by the same radical devotion to their leader, trump.)

Is the heels-up bail fund available to them like it is to her and senile joe's domestic terrorist group's blm and anteefer?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

While America Was Sleeping - TomDispatch.com

While I assumed that most ot the regular readers don't read and prefer youtubes and tweets, here's the whole thing.