kraft-t
Senior Advisor

All national sponsers have dropped Limbaugh show

Breaking news just now!

5 Replies
hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: All national sponsers have dropped Limbaugh show

Nah, El Rushbo just told 'em he doesn't want them back. Not true!

Oh, wait a minute. You mean that sensible women might actually outnumber opinionated white male lardasses and have more discretion over dollars spent (the only measure that the advertisers care about, BTW)?

FWIW, Rush has a right to say what he thinks. Advertisers have a right to not give him their money if they so choose.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Clarification. It seems the advertising branch of Clear channel radio has declared a "recess" of national advertisers for two weeks.  Evidently the pressures on advertisers is pretty robust and by shutting them all down temporarily may curb the wide spread abandonment of advertisers. I think they are hoping the issue may blow over after a time.

The last time this happened was to Don Imus and his rejection form MSNBC was the result. He is now back on the Fox business channel but i doubt he has recovered fully from his hey  days at MSNBC

dagwud
Senior Contributor

Speaking of advertising has anyone seen the new TV ad for Cartier the famous French jeweler that runs 3 1/2 minutes?  I saw it Sunday for the first time during Meet the Press and a much shorter version later during 60 Minutes.   Pretty impressive ad that is best seen on the big screen in HD.  I'm curious what it cost to make?

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Yes very impressive! I'll bet it cpst a bundle.

Along those lines, those rich folks are spending huge bucks on the very nice luxury goods. Some of those companies that make those products are reaping huge stock gains of up to 400%. They just had a show commenting  on the publics obssession with  those goods. The very best is none too good. $900 shoes and $500 purses and $250K Ferraris

It's interesting that you brought that up when if was the focus of one of the business shows this evening.. Sorry I can't recall the show it was on.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

I don't recall seeing to many three and half minute commercials like that unless you count those stupid info commercials.