cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Re:If they think mankind cannot have an impact on nature

Absolutley fabulous example Don.  An example of the exact hysteria and technique used with AGW.  Science has proven that DDT was not responsible for the for the reduction in bird populations and that Rachel Carson was using flawed science to achieve a goal.

http://epw.senate.gov/hearing_statements.cfm?id=246769

Senior Contributor

Really???

Just because what you are saying is true doesn't mean it's trueRobot surprised

Senior Advisor

So the birds didn't die because of it but the people did/do because it is banned. Typical liberal crap.

Veteran Contributor

@kraft-t wrote:

They only need to look at DDT and the impact that had on the birds in nature. When DDT was banned the birds started to regain their numbers.

If Ronald Reagan had made the global warming claims he would be nominated for saint hood.

If Ronald Reagan would have said it then it would have been true.  But he knew this kind of thing was a liberal attempt at more takeover of power over the citizens.Smiley Wink

Senior Contributor

"If Ronald Reagan had made the global warming claims he would be nominated for saint hood."

My problem isn't with who makes the global warming claims.   I have a problem when the person making the claims is also making his living off making those claims. I wouldn't even care if the person making the claims made a documentary or did the TV show circuit.  But when they start a company that profits directly off making those claims and the more astounding the claims the more the person profits. 

I would love to see many real businesses profit as we work to become more efficient.  Solar collectors, wind turbines, and GEO thermal all have great potential.   But these companies actually create a product that can make our lives better while Gore's company is like a Wall Street bank peddling paper. 

Having people out front of the G.W. movement that remind you of old time traveling salesmen that peddled snake oil has hurt the cause in my opinion and Gore has not been the only one.   Trouble is this is typical as people will naturally look for ways to make money similar to our military industrial complex.

Senior Advisor

Does it bother you that the big oil types claim that global warming is a bunch of whooey while they are enriching themselves in the oil business?

Do you not see the commercials decrying the evils of taxing energy. These are folk making claims to the negative while they have billions they're raking in. Al Gore is profiting by his investment and you complain he i serving self interest. Koch brothers spend millions promoting the opposite view and you say nothing.

Why is it bad for Al Gore to invest in business he believes in and not others?

Senior Advisor

Oil is something you can see, touch, and need. Man made global warming "climate change" is not.

Senior Advisor

So it does not exist? Why would someone that is so willing to take some things on faith be so **bleep** sure that man does not effect climate change?

Veteran Advisor

Re: DDT and birds, SAm

Hey Sam that is new info to me. All my info has led me to believe DDT causes thinning of egg shells. Worse in some species than others and birds of prey were most susceptible. DDT was blamed for almost wipping out the Bald Eagles.

Have you got links to this scientific info proving DDT was not to blame?

Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

So it does not exist? Why would someone that is so willing to take some things on faith be so **bleep** sure that man does not effect climate change?

Because of science. The climate is always changing, long before man burned oil. The scientist trying to hide the recent cooling is what put the nail in the coffin.