cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Global averages acfarmer

The sunspot activity has more to do with temps than does man.

Veteran Contributor

http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature+Monitors+Report+Widescale+Global+Cooling/article10866.htm

http://www.climatedepot.com/a/1799/Earths-Fever-Breaks-Global-temperatures-have-plunged-74degF-since...

Look at the average temp of missouri and from the 30s-60s was higher than todays , and peaked out several of them years. Theres enough infomation out there that you can believe what you want to believe and just because nasa says one thing doesnt make it right. But if thats where you go for your info I see where you are basing you opinion, but alot of people go somewhere else for there info and a half a different opinion. I just get tired of the chicken little, the sky is falling theories that alot of people are saying.

Veteran Contributor

Are you sure because according to canuck its all man made warming and nothing else could possibly explain  it. Even though it was colder in 2008 but that must have been a oddity of some sort.

Senior Advisor

I don't worry much about it, let the libs push there man made global warming cap and trade. The people have awaken. The smell the coffee. We have been told for 20 years we have less than 10 years to save the planet. We know it is nothing but another liberal scheme to redistribute wealth. Some to turd world countries but mostly to the paper traders and their carbon credits. Now they can trade something you can not see and never have to deliver, or take delivery of. It is being pushed as much by Wall Street as it is the environmental groups, they are only being used as a tool but have not yet realized it. Nothing but another huge tax increase on the middle class to be distributed to Wall Street. The voting public knows this.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Sunspots

Yes and they are at an unusually low occurrence for the past few years therefore they have had less impact on warming than would be usual.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Man made?

If I ever stated on here that it was "all man made warming" please advise me and I will correct it.

That is not what I believe and it is not what I have ever tried to say.

I do believe from the info I see that looks reliable that there is a warming trend.

What are all the causes is going to take a long time to figure out but since man has burned a lot of fossil fuels in the last 1-200 years it would not surprise me to find that man has had an influence on the trend.

Sunspot activity as has been pointed out has an affect and it has been abnormaly low and still we are getting warming, so what is the reason.

And no I did not say everyplace is warmer than yesterday, or last or even the long term trend but the global average is up.

Link later if you would like.

Got to go now. 

Veteran Contributor

Re: Sunspots

Better hurry and pass a UN resolution against sun spots.  Better tax the hell out of them!  Maybe more daylight savings time, make the sun set earlier in the day. 

Stupid liberal control freaks!

Veteran Contributor

well the info you look at that you think is reliable? my point  is made, it is not solid evidence. How do you know that the earth was warmer in the 1700s and went through a cooling trend. you dont, and you didnt answer why it was warmer from the 30s to the 60s and the abnormal cool years like 08 and 04. Apprently you didnt read my links. You must be a  Oblunder supporter as much as you have been sucked into your one sided believes of global warming and will not look at all sides of it. I think they call it being open minded. good day, hope we can chat about it in 30 years when the ice caps have melted or done nothing which is more likely.

Veteran Advisor

@acfarmer wrote:

well the info you look at that you think is reliable? my point  is made, it is not solid evidence. How do you know that the earth was warmer in the 1700s and went through a cooling trend. you dont, and you didnt answer why it was warmer from the 30s to the 60s and the abnormal cool years like 08 and 04. Apprently you didnt read my links. You must be a  Oblunder supporter as much as you have been sucked into your one sided believes of global warming and will not look at all sides of it. I think they call it being open minded. good day, hope we can chat about it in 30 years when the ice caps have melted or done nothing which is more likely.

I did not say the earth was warmer in the 1700s etc. but info on past warming and cooling periods is available computed from ice cores and tree growth rings if you want that.

Was it warmer from the 30s to the 60s? I remember harsher winters back then and we could not grow corn here mch in those days.

If you want to check out that warming theory try this link http://www.climate.gov/#climateWatch  set the slider back far enough

or this one http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2010/20100728_stateoftheclimate.html has some interesting info.

I did read your links.

One was a blog. Some blogs can be good if they back up their opinion with reputable data and links.

The other seemed to be a site dedicated to opposing the theory of climate warming. I tried one link about falling ocean temperatures and it took me to a newspaper article about how cold the water ws for swimming, including a quote from someone who said it was unseasonably cold.

Enough said!

Advisor

Re: Re:If they think mankind cannot have an impact on nature

You can choose to use another companies products, you can do you best to avoid using that type of product at all.   What Al Gore and the cap and trade lobby want to establish is you paying them rent for your mere existence.   You will not be able to avoid the rent.  It will be government mandated.   I do not have a problem with people creating new products and attempting to sell them, I do have a problem when they wish the government to force people to use them.