cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Re:If they think mankind cannot have an impact on nature

I don't put much stock in what the oil companies tell me about GW or how much oil is left under ground because they too have a financial  interest in the debate just as Gore does. 

Veteran Advisor

So people shouldn't invest in things they believe in because at least 50% of the population doesn't??  Look at all the people who have stock in gas and oil.  Even when faced with full color evidence of the destruction caused by oil leaks, they are only interested in how much money they are going to lose from bad publicity.  Shouldn't they not invest in those companies any more?  What is it that Gore has invested in that is so bad?  I don't understand.  It seems as though you are saying that because more people are now believing that mankind does have an influence over the condition of the land, air and water of this planet that he makes money on that.  I thought he was investing in startup companies who were doing things to help the environment.  Am I wrong?  Enlighten me.

Senior Advisor

You seem to be focused on Gore as if he is some evil doer caught with his hand in the piggy bank.

Senior Contributor

Take some time to read up on Al Gore's GW cash cow.

Canada Free Press

There's an elephant in global warming's living room that few in the mainstream media want to talk about: the creators of the carbon credit scheme are the ones cashing in on it.

The two cherub like choirboys singing loudest in the Holier Than Thou Global Warming Cathedral are Maurice Strong and Al Gore.

This duo has done more than anyone else to advance the alarmism of man-made global warming.

With little media monitoring, both Strong and Gore are cashing in on the lucrative cottage industry known as man-made global warming.

http://adognamedkyoto.blogspot.com/

Strong is on the board of directors of the Chicago Climate Exchange, Wikipedia-described as "the world's first and North America's only legally binding greenhouse gas emission registry reduction system for emission sources and offset projects in North America and Brazil."

Gore buys his carbon off-sets from himself--the Generation Investment Management LLP, "an independent, private, owner-managed partnership established in 2004 with offices in London and Washington, D.C." of which he is both chairman and founding partner.

Riehl World View Al Gore's Inconvenient Loot

Former Vice President Al Gore has built a Green money-making machine capable of eventually generating billions of dollars for investors, including himself, but he set it up so that the average Joe can't afford to play on Gore's terms. And the US portion is headed up by a former Gore staffer and fund raiser who previously ran afoul of both the FEC and the DOJ, before Janet Reno jumped in and shut down an investigation during the Clinton years.

WorldNetDaily.com

Al Gore defends his extraordinary personal energy usage by telling critics he maintains a "carbon neutral" lifestyle by buying "carbon offsets," but the company that receives his payments turns out to be partly owned and chaired by the former vice president himself.

Gore is not selling a new more effieceint wind turbine or reknewable form of energy.  He simply selling paper with the claim it will help our planet while he gets rich off it.  Read up on Gore's scheme and tell me if it was being done by some Repub if you would then have a problem with it.  Maybe I should start a company that sells "credits" to people wanting to but large SUV's and tell everyone that I'm helping save the planet.

Senior Advisor

That evil Gore has hybrid cars as does his kids.

Senior Contributor

I guess the hybrid car offsets his house that uses about ten times the energy of the typical home.

Senior Advisor

You really get aroused about Al Gore. The truth is you hate him and if it wasn't global warming it would be something else. 

Oh I forgot. Dittos Blondie! Now do you feel better?

PS.. the light bill might be tipper's panasonic.

Senior Contributor

The term sheeple comes to mind when I read many of your posts.  Because I and many others have some doubts about Gore's sincerity on GW means I hate the man???  Using that thought process one can easily deduce that you hate all Repubs and that you will always find a reason to hate them.

It is real simple Don.  Al Gore is arguably the world's leader on the dangers of GW and goes around telling other how they need to change the life styles to become more green while at the same time profiting off his dire warnings by selling carbon credits.   Trouble is Gore does not practice what he preaches.

Gore's three homes (not counting his recent one purchased in Calf.) use very large amounts of energy compared to the average home.  According to USA Today two of Gore's homes, the 10,000-square-foot, 20-room, eight-bathroom home in Nashville, and a 4,000-square-foot home in Arlington, Va. both are located in areas where the utility companies offer wind energy as an alternative to traditional energy.  Utility customers must simply pay a few extra pennies per kilowatt hour, and they can continue living their carbon-neutral lifestyles knowing that they are supporting wind energy. Plenty of businesses and institutions have signed up. Even the Bush administration is using green energy for some federal office buildings, as are thousands of area residents. 

But according to public records, there is no evidence that Gore has signed up to use green energy in either of his large residences.

I'm sure you sheeple will tell us that Gore is a very important man who needs multiple large homes.   To that I would suggest you look at the more modest dwelling of G. W. Bush who was a two term president.

Gore tells us he drives a hybrid car but forgets to tell us he flies around in a personal jet as opposed to flying on a commercial jet which would save fuel and help lessen the impact of GW by reducing all those nasty emissions.

Gore never mentions how his family mine was cited for repeated violations for discharging large quantities of barium, iron and zinc to the nearby Caney Fork River.  I guess now that the mine was closed in 2003 this is no longer an issue for you although it would be if it were a Repub involved.

Bottom line is Gore talks a good game but does not practice what he preaches.  In fact impartial investigative reporters learned that G. W. Bush's house in Texas is far more green then any of Gore's houses and that the Bush's were practicing recycling and energy efficiency in their home long before Gore jumped on the green band wagon. 

Veteran Advisor

dagwud; you say Al Gore is arguably the world's leader on dangers of GW. I will argue that it is not true. In the US maybe but David Suzuki is far more 'outfront' about it in Canada than Gore. If I take a minute I think I will find a few other Canadian names that would come before Gore.

http://www.davidsuzuki.org/issues/climate-change/

Senior Advisor

You,ve got that saved to your hard drive. Just a point and a click and it's back on agonline for the 43rd time. You getting as repetitive as Limbaugh and about as boring.

Gore is a hypocrite and uses too much energy. So that makes him evil and wrong about everything. MY God he actually makes money. The shame of it all!

Over and out!

PS Geeorge Bush is a saint!