cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: how does this happen

lowering taxes hurt gov just cut expenses---whoops osama is from the hood --he alwasy wants more from gov

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: so you are the reason

ss is  broke --been at the trough too long aint this fun

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: if you didnt like it

why not have guts and quit

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Alternate social security plan

Well, no one stopped me from quiting.  I liked the PO and I didn't find out about the retirement differences until I retired and a former classmate retired from UPS and we compared notes.  Sorry to bust your little hate fest.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Quit whining about it then. I know both a score of UPS workers and a score of postal employees and I know without a shadow of a doubt that one group could do the others work in a week of training or less, and the other group would almost to a man or woman not cut it for the other employer. They would not even be hired.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

The govt employees haven't been in SS since 1982.  Since I hired in before that, I stayed in CS but still didn't pay into SS.  All teachers that I know of don't pay into SS but into their own private retirement with the state and/or county.  It is all tied to the stock market and if it is way down on the day you retire, you're screwed.

Are you saying teachers are not part of the SS program?

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

3020,in some states teachers pay into ss , and in some states, they don't. THis was news to me, too, when it came up here before and I googled it and found out.

r3020
Senior Advisor

I guess the SS "insurance" program isn't good enough for the elite. Now you see why the leftist, elitist, progressives are so hel!bent on cramming Obama care down the throat of the peasants. They want to shift the rich elite government workers' health care cost to the federal government because they [the elite government workers] know their isn't enough money in state governments to pay for their unbelievable retirement plans. They have the same deal congress has while the rest of us [non government workers] have to fund our own retirement plans plus theirs. Not only are the elite exempt from Obama care, they are also exempt from FDR retirement.

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

It could be put it this way also that todays farmers  almost to a man or women  couldn't cut it in the business world  without govt handouts!!!!!!    Everyone just completed signing up for their govt taxpayer supported  crop ins....  How much is that costing the govt?   I can purchase farm ground for 5k to 10k per acre but can't afford to pay crop ins premium.   I can net $200 to $300 acre  but the govt kindly sends me a direct payt,    I often wonder what  is done with is DP ? pay heath premuims,, or maybe put in retirement  program (paid for by this govt DP handouts) then go on line complaining about those out control govt worker's penison plan .       

bruce MN
Advisor

This weather simply "isn't right". 72 at 10PM in So Mn. And been that way for a week and a half or more. And generally goofy since late June, last year. Planted some garden seeds today along the edge of the plot just for the he!!of it. What, just what, if we get 5 or 6 more months of this anomaly? How much crop insurance payout can the fiscal system imburse in potable transactions in the midst of a meltdown? Cause....climate change or random anomaly....aside? I'm pulling for a couple of monster April blizzards. Just to get things set back right. I can replant the lettuce, radishes and peas.