cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Always looked at the Taurus

Whenever car shopping. But always way too. expensive in the class.

Won’t be in the market for a long time as have a 1 yr old sedan and don’t put miles on like we used to.

Not going to be an option anymore:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-ford-car-models-20180425-story,amp.htm...
6 Replies
Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Re: Always looked at the Taurus

(Whenever car shopping. But always way too. expensive in the class. 
Won’t be in the market for a long time as have a 1 yr old sedan and don’t put miles on like we used to. 
Not going to be an option anymore:)

That is interesting that they are discontinuing the Taurus, I was looking at 2018 Taurus' about a month ago, found an SE that listed for just under $29,000 and after a week or so they were down to $21,000 and I think I could have offered $20,000 and got it + taxes (taxes on the $6,500 in rebates as well) and have to finance with a Ford financier for at least 3 months.

I liked the looks of the car, & plenty roomy, but front seats were not very comfortable and fuel mileage was not near as good as other mid size cars.  I did however think was a great deal and was a little surprised it sat there at that price so long, and may still be on the lot.  I couldn't pull the trigger and still, kind-of, looking for a car.

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

How many workers will it impact ?

How many Americans can afford a $35,000

Plus vehicles ?  Oh that's right, 7 year

Terms, then roll into another one, using

First as down payment and roll the

Remaining unpaid balance.

How else do we keep selling autos

Didnt work when we made them out

Steel.....and still going

The disposable society

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(How many workers will it impact ?)

I don't know but likely not any, just move em to the F-150 plant, apparently they are selling like hotcakes.

(How many Americans can afford a $35,000

Plus vehicles ?  Oh that's right, 7 year

Terms, then roll into another one, using

First as down payment and roll the

Remaining unpaid balance.

How else do we keep selling autos)

Just found one for $21,000 for those folks, and I actually was surprised that the price of mid size cars was more reasonable than I thought they would be, of course I still like a pretty plain car and the add-on's is where they get you in the pocket-book.

I agree that the 7 year payout is not wise, however I blame the buyer and not the car company or dealer, also too many buyer's buy a car based on monthly payment and not total price.  I know they tried the monthly payment thing on me.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

"How many Americans can afford a $35,000 Plus vehicles ?"

You have to be kidding aren't you. A lot of people are spending that on UTV's and boats to play with. 

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Yourself included..???

That much on a utv ???
You just proved yourself nuts
Say goodbye
AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Not sure how old you are but if you are 50 plus and have not saved enough to buy a 20-30K car you must be a very poor business man and a crap provider for your family.