cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Amazing folks

We just parked a space craft on a comet. Which is an acheivement comparable to climbing MT Everest. After all the money and effort to acheive those things we have brought absolutely nothing back to enrich humanity. NOTHING!. That money could have been better spent on things that benefit humanity.

Like a war against ebole. Attack it over there before it comes here. Sound familiar folks?

Or job creation projects like roads and bridges power grids and alternative energy development? Do your think that ethanol will survive the Koch Bros purge?

Or should america honor it's contracts with it's poor, it's aged, it's unemployed.

34 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Amazing folks

I disagree Don, space exploration leads to many unrelated discoveries and its only a tiny fraction of the budget. If I was boss, I'd easily double what we spend on space programs, that's why it broke my heart when Obama took the space shuttle out of commission.
wehav
Senior Contributor

The poor and sick will be with you always.

We've spent trillions trying to help them and we have what?  We have more poor and more sick.

If mankind has a future it won't be found by feeding, housing and medicating people that won't participate in society.  Which is different than not feeding, housing and medicating people that can't participate fully in society.  Those that choose to destroy themselves with drugs/alcohol/illicit sex should not receive the same care as those who through no fault of their own find themselves incapacitated.

Nor should we be forced to pay for the excess of other countries.  

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

It was a european space agency mission, im not sure if any of your social security money went to it or not.

bruce MN
Advisor

For God's sake BA you guys are taking straw man design and construction yo knew heights. NASA took the shuttles out of service they were planned to go out of service over 10 years ago but none of the international or private sector replacements were on line yet Obama made the announcement on behalf of NASA. This lack of intellectual integrity is endemic on the right and could be it's undoing. But hard to quit when it has worked so well recently I guess
OKdon
Senior Contributor

We have spent trillions on war and preparing for war so i guess you would rate that as a failure as well.

Our elected officials have sworn to protect us from all enemies foreign and domestic. Well there are millions of americans that have died as a result of unaffordable healthcare or inadequate healthcare  than have ever been killed by islamic extremists. Yet we spend trillions on war without blinking ans eye. Don't you want to go fight ebola before we have to fight it here. Where are the billion to fight that enemy. Or influenza or pneumonia or cancer and heart disease? Or the insurance companies and the fraudulent behavior of the banksters or the christian taliban?

We don't choose our enemies well. We have apolitical cancer that is mestasizing as we speak and you're quite elated by that. And i haven't even mentioned those that shouldn't own gun or positions of power with in our government. However, american people have a right tobe wrong. Unfortunately they are far to gullible and victims of the deceptive and ignorant right.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

BA is absolutely the type who would  pour pure Hog shat into his own well so he could say : See !!! Obamas EPA aint worth a dammed, Now they will probably fine me for their screw up !

I suppose we here are getting used his disengenuous and odd ways, but the day  I become accustomed to his over the top, excuse making, pretzil twisting confAgurations is the day it will be too late for any decency.

Can you imagine living / farming next to this guy ? 

OKdon
Senior Contributor

And just what unrelated discovery was a product of the space industry/ Something humanity simply couldn't live without. I think that you believe that shooting rockets into the air makes you manly. Much like the pea shiooters that you hold in your hands and polish and caress.

I can't think of one **bleep** thing that they brought back from the moon or mars that I just desparately needed. I don't need corning ware. I don't drink Tang and both could have been created if dow or depont went to work on it. Or a cure for influenza or ebola. Or roads bridges or an electrical grid. Windfarms to produce millions of kilowatts of clean energy.

Yeah government can do things worth while but not as long as the gun nuts insist in blowing the whole wad on testosterone fueled gadgets.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re:WHAT CONTRACT DO WE HAVE

to welfare whores and lazy demoncrats

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

"We just parked a space craft on a comet. Which is an acheivement comparable to climbing MT Everest. After all the money and effort to acheive those things we have brought absolutely nothing back to enrich humanity. NOTHING!. That money could have been better spent on things that benefit humanity."

Just where do you think the computer you are bitching at came from? It was the space program that gave us all this fancy electronic stuff you can't do with out.