cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Amazing folks

The "smart" liberals on here would so love to agree with me on this, but because of who I am they feel a need to fight me  Smiley Very Happy 

But you`re always sitting at the doctor afraid to die, right?  Well, there were medical break throughs thanks to NASA  

http://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/nasa-inventions/nasa-breakthroughs-in-medicine.htm 

There!

and 

http://www.design-laorosa.com/2012/11/26-nasa-inventions-that-we-take-for.html 

The thing is, those that control space will control the future.  There are plenty of bad guys willing to take it off our hands.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

What do you call 60 Minutes as a source, Bruce?

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2012/04/60-minutes-highlights-obamas-broken-promise-on-...

Honestly Bruce, I make nothing up.  What the AgJudge is talking about "me pouring hog manure in a well"??????     Why in theee hell don`t you EVER attack his ridiculous "strawmen"????

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

NASA did NOT invent the computer. Laptop computers became consumer products as a result of NASA's development of them but even with that, the technology was developed by other people.
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Your true beliefs have finally surfaced--you don't care and have even advocated letting them just die.
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: What do you call 60 Minutes as a source, Bruce?

You stacked ti up as "Obama shut down the shuttle". The govt., Dem and Republicans alike cut the space program funding.  That is what is reported on in your links.  If you'd have said that, I doubt you''d have gotten a response from anybody but you sensationalized it enouogh that as per usual the thread grew..  Congrats.

A person i know...actually knew, as he is deceased... who worked in early space programs told me that the biggest mistake they ever ade was putting the first human in space.  He said there was no need for it and never would be.  Part of why they did was the Cold War and the assinine competiton ittgenerated, but more than anything it was the celebrity factor. The public had to be sold on the expenditures and the science and without faecs in the news and celebrities and their families, and ultimtely dead heros to honor, to cover the press would have been disintersted. 

i thought that was interesting way back then.  Am convinced now that he was right as rain; 

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

Come on Bart.. Because of the space program micro chips were invented not the computers. We would still have vacuum tubes in everything or the cost of cumputer stuff would be out of reach for a normal income person had it not been for the space program. I thought you libs were so smart.

bruce MN
Advisor

Gotta remember Don that without the space program all of the BTOs would have to be able to or hire people who could actually steer a tractor and follow a planter arm mark. For those not familiar with a planter mark I'm not sure if Google or wiki have anything on that or not.
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Putting a man on the Moon probably was extremely expensive, however using it as public relations to get young people interested in science....I think was money well spent.  As a kid in kindergarten, I remember the teacher had us all pray for the astronauts of Apollo 13...our country....at least here in "Lutheranville, Iowa" were never closer, a class of kids, some Catholic, a few Baptists and others but lead in prayer by a Lutheran (Eastern Star) kindergarten teacher for the safe return of our hero astronauts.   You would never see anything like that again in this country.

We had to put man in space first, just look at the advancement in robotics and communications since then, now hindsight being 20/20 it is now practical and possible to send androids to do the dangerous space exploration..

One thing about mankind at this time in our history, if a metor was heading for earth, the type that wiped out the dinosaurs, we can now locate it and posibly nudge it off course.  And colonizing Mars one day may be a necessity.

bruce MN
Advisor

That's cool. So as a result you belong to a political party that denies science as a policy plank and you support a candidate for the U.S. Senate who supports the movement to dismantle the public education system through her ties to the Door's that gave you that passion. The prayer in school in the 1970s thing says more about the Hawkeye culture than anything else. I thought that would be more south and west of you than that thankful tonight for that border drAwn on the maps. Maybe we need a wall like haters want in the SW US.
JacobMcCandless
Senior Contributor

This is the point in the segment where they remind you that comets do not have meaningful gravitational force.

Actors.  << The classical.