cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Amazon rain forst on fire

So I've been seeing lots of articles about the rain forest burning

Couple of questions how dry does it have to be to get a rain forest to burn?

How dry is the rest of Brazil ?

7 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Amazon rain forst on fire

There`s more fires burning in the Congo, why aren`t they reporting about that?

and this isn`t on "American news".

https://www.aljazeera.com/ajimpact/fires-burning-angola-congo-amazon-maps-190827012619287.html  

Blazes burning in the Amazon have put heat on the environmental policies of President Jair Bolsonaro, but Brazil is actually third in the world in wildfires over the last 48 hours, according to MODIS satellite data analyzed by Weather Source.

Weather Source has recorded 6,902 fires in Angola over the past 48 hours, compared to 3,395 in the Democratic Republic of Congo and 2,127 in Brazil. It’s not an uncommon phenomenon for Central Africa.

According to NASA, which operates the Aqua satellite, over 67,000 fires were reported in a one-week period in June last year, as farmers employed slash and burn agriculture to clear land for crops.

Over the last 48 hours, Zambia placed fourth on the list, while Brazil’s neighbor in the Amazon, Bolivia, placed sixth.

Honored Advisor

is the congo report also fake news........ Algeeeeeezeria  is never extremely credible

maybe that was your point.  Smiley Happy

Advisor

@FARM4FOOD wrote:

So I've been seeing lots of articles about the rain forest burning

Couple of questions how dry does it have to be to get a rain forest to burn?

How dry is the rest of Brazil ?

I figure it's just part of the Brazil total cycle. 

Brazil IS Brazil.

It's Their business. 

Veteran Advisor

When  all  the  water  on  the  crop  ground  in eastern South  Dakota  freezes  up ,  a  new  glacier  will  be  present -  -  -

Honored Advisor

Why yes SW, that was exactly the point I was making.   Whew! maybe I`m not a idiot. Smiley Happy   Ha,  Aljazeera, ha ha

Frequent Contributor

It is being reported that a lot of those "Amazon burning" pictures aren't even the Amazon and some others that ARE the Amazon are up to 20-30 years old.  Additionally, scientists have been chiming in saying that while the Amazon creates a l0t of oxygen, it is actually net-neutral because the oxygen is consumed locally, and that the Amazon is NOT the lungs of the world.

Guess what year this article was written?

"Controlling the Ranching Boom that Threatens the Amazon.  Clearing land for cattle is responsible for 80 percent of rainforest loss in the Brazilian Amazon."

Our media  is extremely corrupt and plays constantly on emotion, at a time when Americans are exceptionally over-emotional.  Even President Trump often seems to make decisions based on emotions (which is why I suspect he swings back and forth a lot on his decisions). 

So while I don't agree with burning down the jungle, it's not a new event at all.  But unless the War Idiots from both sides want to run down there, overthrow the government, decimate the population, and maintain domination, it's not gonna change anytime soon.  

Interestingly, People magazine had their own take on it -- it wasn't China's soybeans or Trump -- it is because of the world's desire to eat meat that is causing it!!! 

But for some folks to blame Trump for China's decision to financially motivate Brazil to burn down more of their own rain forests is a joke in and of itself.  This "OMG -- The Amazon is Burning" reporting is all politically motivated because the Left would rather abort their own children than see Trump reelected.

Frequent Contributor