cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

Re: America....a Country that has Faith

I come with ambivalence to this.
I have yet to see one iota of evidence of god. In saying that I cannot prove there is not a god. No one has yet to prove it. My assumptions are that there is no evidence so it can be dismissed as fairy tales.
People who do feel god created the universe have the onus of proof. Atheists for instance have never such claims and that doesn’t mean they believe in evolution either.
But in reality the Big Bang theory has plausibility because it has happened and probably will again. Who knows. If there was nothing in the beginning it is almost unbelievable that a god could create the universe from nothing also. That would literally be magic if he did.
Physics has the best theory and evolution is quite simple.
No doubt someone will have further proof of something.
Senior Contributor

Well said boris.

And as Knapper pointed out since there is no proof therefore a belief in a magic being is based on faith only and a 'belief'

Like you I will accept what has been proven and put unproven things in the story book category.

Senior Advisor

Just as is your belief of how the universe came into being. You have no proof. Only your belief.

Senior Contributor

You should do some reading 3020

https://www.schoolsobservatory.org/learn/astro/cosmos/bigbang/bb_evid

https://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/what-powered-the-big-bang

https://www.big-bang-theory.com

That will give you a start. Many more articles available that are based on science not beliefs.

Senior Advisor

You mean Bruce Jenner is a girl science all based on beliefs. No proof. There had to be something there before the big bang. Where did that come from?

Big bang theory. Just a theory. No proof. Just your belief. Post proof.

Senior Contributor

3020 look up the definition of theory as used in science 

There is no greater description of the confidence in a scientific theory describing the topic.

You can start with a hypothesis which has a little evidence to start the description and then after or IF it is proven to be correct by other researchers too THEN it is called a theory.

BTW something with not proof is relegated to a story until there is some glimmer of evidence to raise it to the category of hypothesis.

Understand the proper definition of a word and you will better understand the universe around you.

Senior Advisor

Where did the material before the big bang come from. No beliefs. Only facts please. Only provable facts.

Senior Contributor

Read up on what the understanding of the expansion of the universe is and then tell me why it was not always there.

You are hung up on understanding because you have beliefs that you allow to influence how you look at the facts.

Senior Advisor

I don't want your understanding. An understanding is nothing but a belief. I want proof. What was always there. Where did that which was always there come from. Proof please. No beliefs. Only provable facts.

Senior Contributor

Read up on what science knows about the universe expansion and how they know it then you would realize the answer to what was before is 'we do not know'.

There may be no way to look further back in time and so that answer will stand until there is a way to find out.