cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: America....a Country that has Faith

Where did the universe come from? What did the universe evolve from? From what the the big bang come from that caused you and a rock to accidentally evolve from the same glob of goo?

Senior Contributor

You are choosing words to try to put down what the science based theories tell us.

Why ask me to explain something?

Why not study up on what science knows?

There is no 'accident' or 'glob of goo'.

If you study up on what is known you will find that the universe expanded from an intense source of energy and the elements were formed as things cooled.

The heavier elements that we see around us were forged in the earliest stars and spread out when those stars exploded.

There a quick lesson from me now read up on it from people who understand it better than me.

It really is exciting to understand just how things developed to what you and I see around us.

Senior Advisor

Got nothing eh? Nothing but your belief in some nameless magical energy source that always existed and for some magical reason one day exploded. No proof what so ever. Just a belief. Just faith.

Senior Contributor

Yes I have faith in the science that shows how the universe expanded from that source.

No one knows if it was always there or not since no one can see what was there before.

And even you can see the evidence of the beginning of the universe that we know when you see the evidence of the background radiation on a TV screen.

You can of course refuse to accept what is proven but what does that get you except faith and belief in an old story with no proof.

Senior Advisor

You said it yourself the universe was no accident. If there was no accident then it was by design. Who is the designer?

Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

That is why I don't just believe. Science tells us something had to created for the universe to evolve from.

I used to just “believe” but I have matured where I must know. Religion anaesthetises curiosity and never encourages questions. If it was for curiosity we would still have never left this planet. 

I understand about the energy associated with the Big Bang   It can be read about anytime. It is plausible to the point of being the only explanation for our existence. The alternative of some celestial supernatural ghost suddenly appearing and creating the universe from nothing doesn’t ring true. In six days he did all that from nothing. That is why Big Bang and evolution are so much more realistic to the inquiring mind. 

No one can prove there is no god and no amount of belief will make it so. It’s arrogant and embarrassing for someone to suggest they believe god exists because they are unwilling to venture deeper into curiosity. Equally so when they will not entertain alternatives to the bible because they “believe” it is the word of god when it clearly was written by mankind.  

It has been suggested by many believers that the universe was created by god less than one hundred thousand years ago .

I have no proof of otherwise and neither do they. However I do understand the process of carbon dating the age of fossilised dinosaurs etc. that is an example of how the two beliefs clash but with the carbon dating it can be tested a million times and the result will be same. There is no reliable assessment of gods creation but apparently ignorant belief. 

I have heard the cliche about how can something come from nothing a million times. It has now become a crutch for believers to lean on until they can establish a basic knowledge of physics. I don’t have a problem with that but there is far smarter people than me out there who have moved on to more plausible explanations. They can’t ALL be wrong  

Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Got nothing eh? Nothing but your belief in some nameless magical energy source that always existed and for some magical reason one day exploded. No proof what so ever. Just a belief. Just faith.

It is not a nameless magical energy source. Basic physics, the study of black holes and stars etc can give understanding of the energy source. 

The explosion did in fact occur and not by magic either.  You can learn these things. 

It is very intellectually immature to suggest life began by a creator when no creator has ever been proven to exist. 

No one came from a rock as you suggest. Life does not evolve from rocks.  That’s a fact.  It’s ignorant to say the story of the Big Bang and evolution is nonsense. 

To believe in a god creating a universe from nothing - now that is magic. 

Ill give you some time to let that sink in and take your time getting back to me. 

Cheers  

Senior Advisor

Never said there was no big bang or evolution. I said there is as much evidence of a Creator as there is of a magical energy source that always existed.

Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Never said there was no big bang or evolution. I said there is as much evidence of a Creator as there is of a magical energy source that always existed.

That’s interesting that you have not dismissed the Big Bang or evolution. 

But that statement hit the wall when you said you have evidence of a creator but still refer to physics of magical energy. I like every person would like to see your evidence. It has not been proven since the beginning of time so if YOU have some MAGICAL powers to reveal it, knock yourself out with proof  

A non believer can accept evolution etc and accept life and not expect an afterlife as a reward for life long devotion. 

The magic energy source as you say has not always existed unless of course  you have proof of that also. 

I respect your beliefs but I disagree with how you arrived there.  The only thing that can prove all of science to be wrong is the exposure of god or creator. I believe it is extremely arrogant for a believer to know the word of god or follow blindly his teachings whilst blatantly ignoring the best minds in the world who believe otherwise. But I might be wrong and would like you to correct me please. 

Senior Advisor

6,000 years of written history. Recorded miracles. The Risen Christ.

All you have is your belief that a magical energy source one day exploded and then you and rocks accidental evolved from the same goo.