cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

Re: America....a Country that has Faith

@r3020 wrote:

6,000 years of written history. Recorded miracles. The Risen Christ.

All you have is your belief that a magical energy source one day exploded and then you and rocks accidental evolved from the same goo.

I have to say the origin of you written history is somewhat dubious. From the history I read the bible was written by desert dwelling vagrants and thieves who were totally illiterate and made holes and dents in stones left under thorn bush to communicate. Hardly a reliable source for history. 

I have no problem with you believing in a god but what you are asking me to believe is this. 

Talking snake, the development of a woman from the rib of a man, immaculate conception, virgin birth then the coming alive of a dead body after three days and ascending into the same heavens no one has yet to to establish the whereabouts. If those are your toys to play with in discussions like this, I respectfully decline any interest in playing with them too. 

From my experience the introduction of miracles has the same validity of pure air. All events told as miracles have no proof whatsoever that it did in fact occur. Maybe it did but once examined by doubters were found to be conjuring tricks. No mere mortal or someone acting as the son of god can bring a cripple to walk with the wave of a hand. These are the instances which cast enormous doubt on the bibles accuracy. 

The risen Christ is so baffling to the thinking mind. It is a reported event to which nothing can possibly be taken seriously. Then of course we have god accepting responsibility for Christ’s death as a type of reward. We apparently are now indebted to him forever.  But why would any god send their only son to a small area in israel(and never venture outside it), spraying miracles etc around for the benefit of mankind, then allow his only son be killed by government barbarians? He had the power to stop it apparently. 

Its these unfounded events and spurious documentation of them which cast a long shadow on it. 

I know you are not a low IQ person but to believe when you can easily know seems a total restriction  of a brain from its thinking capacity; exactly the opposite for what your god gave it to you for. 

Cheers  

Senior Advisor

You believe as you wish, I will do the same. You call me arrogant t yet it is I who admits I am nothing but for the blessing and Grace of Almighty God. Everything I have and everything I am is because of Him. As I said, I have history and the Risen Christ. The man who divided time.

Senior Contributor

It still remains true that all you have is a belief about your magic being because so far there is absolutely no evidence of any of these magic beings (gods) existing 

Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

You believe as you wish, I will do the same. You call me arrogant t yet it is I who admits I am nothing but for the blessing and Grace of Almighty God. Everything I have and everything I am is because of Him. As I said, I have history and the Risen Christ. The man who divided time.

Firstly, I don’t believe some thing without evidence, unlike you. I’d rather research everything and come to a decision Based on the facts before me, then I KNOW. 

Secondly, you are arrogant if you believe that it is only believers who can enter eternal life as a reward for following the god thing all your life.  Why is it only believers can access the meaning of gods teaching when it is not available to me because I challenge it. 

You do yourself no justice by assuming your success can only be attributed to god etc. I strongly suspect that you cannot give me irrefutable proof that god interfered to make you the success you are. You did it yourself and possibly with help from banks or relatives or something.  But not god please.  

This history of the risen Christ has been a stumbling block for many years. I touched on this a bit ago and reiterate dead men do not walk or ascend into the sky.  It’s very difficult for me to swallow that scenario when I know it cannot be done.  Having said that, it always puzzles me as to why searches of the local cemeteries have not uncovered the resting place of Christ. That would be more believable than a puff of smoke and a dead man rises like a rocket. 

As for dividing time, I think you might have embellished the tale a bit. Time began with the Big Bang, for instance, and has never been divided since.  Twisted and warped by terrestrial forces yes but not by any god.   That is fact.  

I also note the frustration creeping into your debate as your follies of god are gently unravelled by me to reveal the truth. I say again, I cannot prove there is no god but you have nearly implied you have some proof.   That is exactly what the whole world is waiting for. I assume you have some proof and I am eager to see it.  

Ill wait here.  

Senior Advisor

As I said believe as you wish. You have no proof of the origins of the universe, only your beliefs. I think your beliefs are silly but hey, it's your life. This is America, believe as you please. And you don't even have to worry about salvation because according to your belief there is no salvation. Put your faith in scientist, flawed human beings, I will put my faith in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

As I said believe as you wish. You have no proof of the origins of the universe, only your beliefs. I think your beliefs are silly but hey, it's your life. This is America, believe as you please. And you don't even have to worry about salvation because according to your belief there is no salvation. Put your faithin scientist, flawed human beings, I will put my faith in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

It is alarming how you dismiss nonbelievers view because you say there is no proof.  I have requested twice you provide proof of your beliefs but only submit you have 6000 years of history from a book supported written by sons of sand and thorn bush. It’s hardly a reliable source compared to the greatest minds on earth never giving that scenario a breath when establishing facts. I don’t see the relevancy of America when it comes to be life’s as that is practiced in all societies across the world. Freedom has nothing to do with it. 

Believers always suggest that recalcitrant atheists will always come to a type of difficult end whereby their transition will be trouble free. Why is that? Where did that assumption originate? Any proof of that? 

What  is silly is more is for supposedly rational mature human to ignorance alternatives when it is so well researched. When was the last time NASA spent money searching for a heaven? 

The salvation you speak of sounds like a reward for you lifelong devotion which according to history not one person is yet to experience. I did make reference to arrogance recently and for you to assume you will receive unique rewards for your “silly” beliefs, as you say, is the pinnacle of arrogance. However it appears normal that this is available to a special few.

I haven’t put my faith in flawed human beings. If you believe your following is totally correct and ignore the findings of science for your own interpretation, it is not them who is is flawed.  I suggest it is you who will not entertain an alternative who is flawed.

Putting you whole life in the hands of a yet to be proven existence of anything  resembling a god is what is flawed. 

Furthermore, what is it you expect from your lord when you have difficult times or death comes? Do you have friends that have proof of what you expect? These are legitimate questions and require substantial replies, not mere “beliefs” as you say. 

This debate is now to the point where I believe  you should show evidence of what you speak. I am doubtful you can because the evidence I request is available to me also as a non believer but cannot be found across the earth. But “hey, this is America”, maybe you have special dispensation when it comes to celestial supernatural arrangements with a spooky invisible ghost.  

Quite a bit of homework there but I would appreciate it if you addressed them all. Cheers  

Senior Contributor

Put your 'faith' in any of the magical beings that you like, but in case you would like to know what science has found to best describe how the universe began you might find this explanation interesting.

No gods involved that anyone noticed or mentioned but a few of the things that point to how the universe began and developed and how they show it.

https://www.space.com/40370-why-should-we-believe-big-bang.html

Contributor

I have seen it before. 

Believers go berko when they are questions, Trot out to usual bible quotations accompanied by myths and psalms etc, but when asked to provide some evidence they evaporate. It puzzles me to imagine how they got to that position in the first not to mention they follow it blindly. I’ll never understand that logic. 

Senior Advisor

Post proof of the big bang.

Senior Contributor

I love logic.  

Tell me, is raping a 4 year old child an evil act?