cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

American Media silent on the Syrian Raid

if it had happened under boy wonder Obama's disastrous regime, it would have dominated the news.

https://theaviationist.com/2019/10/27/what-we-know-about-the-u-s-raid-on-abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-in-syr...

14 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: American Media silent on the Syrian Raid

On NPR 3 hens on a panel were talking about the raid and coming out admitting the death of Bagdaddy was a good thing, just that to "give credit to this president" was difficult to do.  The limp wrist crowd narrative is that Trump talked mean and that might rile up Isis. 

The American public calls it a success ....and it`s Tuesday, so like Nox tried on Sunday "And now back to impeachment".  If Obama was still in they would`ve carried him around the track for a couple more days.

Advisor

Obama didn’t take full advantage of the opportunity that the Bin Laden bit gave him, I guess  He gave a 4 minute notification with no details.  

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

turn about is fair play......

I'm old enough to remember how our rw traitor troupe here, and elsewhere ( citizen Trump tweets ) would give O no credit for getting Bin Laden............. at that point in history it was fine, and S.O.P. to give all the credit to the Seals / Military, but not O.

The Military and Intelligence apparatus of the U.S. did a tremendous job in getting this latest terror agent. Full stop.

Suck on the lemon boys.

Senior Contributor

I would agree with you RJ that its not really Trumps accomplishment and yes, I would not have said getting Bin Laden was obama's success.

But that's not really the subject of the thread is it?  The subject is whether the media gave Obama the boost for Bin Laden while downplaying Trump.  I don't think there is much disputing that.

Honored Advisor

The way this story was handled in the media is 180° differently than "Obama`s gutsy steel spine" deal.  If you want evidence of media bias, this has it in spades.   Obama tooted his own horn plenty, but didn`t have to, the media carried his water.  No All Trump did and all Obama did was signed off on their raids, there was no personal risk of harm to either commander-in-chief.

Those that in the olden days we would say "buy their ink by the barrel" celebrated Obama doing everything right down to going #2 by himself in the toilet.  With Trump it`s us, deplorable voters that point out the hypocrisy.

Senior Contributor

I remember the right wingers on here complaining that President Obama when giving a speech that it was all about him. Now you got Micro P taking almost 50 minutes mostly about himself, promoting his books and downplaying the significance of taking out the terrorist responsible for 9/11.  

the only credit he deserves, like President Obama, is giving the order to take the terrorist out. And you have Milligan on here talking about his spine of steel. No mention of his unwillingness to serve in the military, bad mouthing actual individuals that had the courage to serve, and filling his wallet from his business interests while serving public office. Can go on and on about his supposedly morals. 

but BA and Milligan get to keep their arsenals so they forego their own moral values. Prefect example of hypocrisy 

Senior Contributor

and Congresswoman Hill had the decency to resign within a week. Micro P still going close to 3 years now

Honored Advisor

Lemerik, just because someone serves in the military doesn`t put a halo over their head.  In WWII and Vietnam civilian women were raped by US GIs, "friendly fire" took out an unpopular commanding officer or a fellow solider that was thought cheated at last night`s card game. 

So to say if someone didn`t serve and or legally got out of service it isn`t some black mark on them as an individual, some people aren`t cut out to be a soldier and better off not being there.  But these wars 10,000 miles away, usually about oil disguised as revenge to be packaged for public consumption, only the naive willingly donate their carcass to the cause. 

To say Trump ....or Bill Clinton got out of going to Vietnam, therefore they were "draft dodgers and unfit to serve" based on that, they just didn`t have a personal beef with the North Vietnamese.  If North Korean and Cuban troops parachuted into our hometowns, I would hope all of us would muster up the courage to grab our own personal firearms and defend our family and community to the death.  But thankfully so far none of us have been faced with that scenario.

Advisor

pretty sure that if the Cubans mount an offensive, we in the US have many places that will take the side of the Cubans.