cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

American Redoubt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Redoubt#I read two newspapers a day, a few magazines, and this is the first I have heard of this.

I wonder what property values are doing in these states and how much a small farm would cost there.

I have had visions of what would happen, even in southern MN, if the entitlement checks stop coming and bands of criminals start canvassing the neighborhoods.

Once the rule of law breaks down, you don't have much.

7 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: American Redoubt

I read 7/8ths of Rawles book "Patriots" its up my alley but as a newer author he tends to over describe items in the novel. I'm sure he'll get better though. As a youngster I cut my teeth on Kurt Saxon,s writings, he had a short story describing the post apocalyptic world called "Killer Caravans" its available if to Google it. Basically groups of ex military thugs ravage through the countryside stealing and raping what they want. 50 or so show up at your door after the crash and you might think giving them what they want will make them leave in peace.....not so they want everything. The only way to handle them is figure out the leaders and shoot to wound them, that will slow the whole group down more than killing a few. As Saxon said way back in the 70s, in the cities 3/4 of them are nuts and won't make it out of the city without their medication. Think of rush hour traffic or traffic after a Twins game up in Minneapolis.

Just my thought the "plan" by the PTB is to have a period of "The Walking Dead" to thin the herd, all us useless eaters won't be needed. Then "they" can have their Utopia. Liberals, I'm sure are thinking " oh goodie!" but I got news for them, they ain't on the guest list!
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Y'all have been watching way too many zombie movies!!
Samnospam
Advisor

Californians are fleeing to that region faster that the demographic in the article.   They're changing the character of the politics where they land.   

johnaa
Advisor

Amazing, I agree with you on that.  Not just zombie movies, but those sick violent worshiping apocalypse ones.   It's all dumbed down fantasy.

johnaa
Advisor

The front range cities in Colorado has certainly been Californicated and to lesser extent the mountain region.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Checking around for a small farm in OK, I have found that every land owner thinks his land is in downtown tulsa or has a oil field under it. It's amazing how urban prices expand out into rural areas. Housing lots priced at $100K more or less and not much less in desirable locations. Yes and some lots approach $300K amnd they won't let you build a $100k house on it.