cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Amy Coney Barrett

"I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, a MD will never say she is cancer free."

When did you become she in her particular situation?

Lol. You crack me up Bart.

Veteran Advisor

You are the one who is cracked up. You quoted yourself! You seem to be trying articulate that no dr would ever tell a patient they are cancer free. Well I can say without doubt that you are very very wrong!!
Senior Contributor

Lolol... Bart. You can try and try to twist my words. But I repeated them as stated exactly.

You dont get to rewrite my statement

For the 3rd time in regards to her situation, not you, not your brother's uncle's sister's third cousin twice removed, kid's new step daddy. Justice Ginsberg.

(Supposedly having 2 metastatic nodules in her lung, and the current status of high degree of uncertainty in definitive staging of multifocal lung nodules that lack dramatic histological or molecular differences, along with the limitations of our current state of imaging- how large does a foci of neoplastic cells have to be before it is likely to be noticed)

"I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, a MD will never say SHE is cancer free."

Veteran Advisor

I’m sorry. I thought you made a general statement hat no dr would ever tell a patient that they were cancer free. You meant that no dr would tell RBG that? Why do you say they would not tell her but would tell me and many others. Because she is old or a SC justice or both????
Senior Contributor

The specifics in regards to what has been reported about her medical situation. Has nothing to do with her occupation.

Age is not a disease, but there is correlation in regards to increased incidence with age.
Advisor

One we’ll know fact about cancer is that is about cells dividing. Something that slows down dramatically with advanced age. If she were 52 or 61 and had the chart she has she’d likely be gone in no time.

Had a great Aunt who died at 92. Had lie kenos the last 10 years of her life. Took a daily pill.

One of my grandfathers died at 89 having had diagnosed but untreated prostrate cance for over 5 years.
Senior Contributor

There are numerous facts known about cancer.

Cell turnover rate with age is only ONE of MANY factors.

Primary vs Metastatic is a very significant in regards to rate of growth/prognosis/duration of life expectancy. Metastatic lesions are documented to grow up to 3x faster in regards to doubling time.

Stage I life expectancy for non small cell is years, and it doesnt have a significant variation in regards to age. Stage 4 life expectancy is weeks.

Staging is key in life expectancy. Which has been my point. There is severe limitations and disagreements among pathologists in regards to accuracy in this particular situation. Again, has nothing to do with any other cancers and who had them or for how long. That changes nothing for this.

Though possible, TWO malignant nodules present and them both being primary neoplasia is much less likely than at least one being metastatic. Which is a significant aspect of determining staging.

Staging also determines ongoing care decisions.

But my point above all, is that this particular situation definitive outcomes like much of the media is reporting is wildly incorrect. Thus the whole story does not pass the smell test.

That along with the white house starting the vetting process for another Justice....you dont have to be a genius to add 1 + 1.