cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

An Observation of Political Ads

Ashley Hinson Republican incumbent is running ads against her Democrat challenger Liz Mathis linking her as a "Nancy Pelosi rubberstamp".  I`ve seen other ads where Republicans link their opponents to Biden.   And this all makes sense, Pelosi and Biden are seen as pariahs and if you can link your adversary with them, that looks like a no brainer.

But on the Democrat side I have absolutely no linking their Republican contestant to Donald Trump, since Trump Is "goin` to jail!!!" Why doesn`t Michael Franken say "Chuck Grassley voted for Trump`s policies 98.7% of the time!!!"?   Oh sure Democrats have Jon Stewart, Colbert, SNL, Kimmel, Fallon, Seth Myers, Gayle King, Jonathan Karl ect ect ect  to make those links, 

However, if Trump is really that unpopular, one would think it`s little risk in painting their opponent with the same brush as Trump.   Or are Democrats trying to slip one past the goalie, comparing their opponent to Trump would essentially be doing a commercial for their opposition?  

6 Replies
rsbs
Senior Advisor

Re: An Observation of Political Ads

BA, we all know what is going on in America with conservative vote suppression.

Just like in MN.....try and find a Walz supporter, and try not to run into a Jensen sign or bumper sticker. It was that way with Trump in 2016, too, and Mrs. Clinton supposedly got more votes.

yeah yeah, I know Ramsey and Hennepin .....over 90 percent voting, and virtually all for the bad guys.

What is it they say in St. Paul......in a pig's eye?

Jensen may not "win", but at least he has called out the cheaters.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Red, I see "Walz Fail" signs around 😀   Jensen signs outnumber Walz signs  3 to one.  There are some (too many) brainwashed Democrats in Minnesota though and it makes no sense.  What that damned Rubberlip Walz has going is "education education education"  I think the ol` blockhead was some kind of teacher up in Mankato at one time.  So he has young parents hoodwinked that "he cares for our kids".    Then he puts on his National Guard cap and win`s over some of the last FDR Democrats.

BADeere_0-1664365367992.jpeg

rsbs
Senior Advisor

BA, I can't stand Walz, and when he flails his arms like a lunatic, I secretly wish he would smack himself silly.

Yeah he taught a decade in Mankato, indoctrinating impressionable minds, and spent three years in Communist China learning the political ropes.

He is a cheap *****, too, tried to stiff his snow removal guy. Didn't pay him for a year, and only paid him finally when the snow came the next year and he needed help again. I hate dealing with deadbeats like that.

Bruce called him on speed dial and found out that was true I bet. I heard it second hand, but I believe it, and what is the lying Walz going to do...sue me? 

Bruce, tell Tim that God knows his lies. Tell him to look back at his positions he lied about when he got the congressional seat. Yeah, I know, he reserved the right to change his mind.

Dr. Jensen is a good man, and deserves the win. He will make people in Minnesota proud of their leadership.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Trump-linked Ads?

I don't know where you are, but there's no shortage of them here.  Most republican candidates are being very coy about their previous love affairs with trump, so much so as refusing even to mention trump's name, even the trump -backed ones. I wonder how that makes trump feel?  As result, there are lots of old family photos of trump & republican candidates.

But in some cases, the Democrats don't even need trump.  They just play back the republican candidates' previous statements.  Like in the case of that radical nut case, Mastriano in PA, "women who get an abortion need to be tried for murder".  Even the "moderate" republicans like Zeldin have lots & lots of baggage to use, as in, "we need a national law against abortion, if I'm elected governor, we'll have it". 

r3020
Senior Advisor

It's the economy stupid.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Trump doing rallys all over the country with all the candidates attending.  Biden being asked to stay away.  Even Peppermint Patti says if Biden is the issue democrats loose.