cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

An absurd week in the US

I am sure some will enjoy reading this article and others will no doubt try to tell me how the author got it all wrong.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/world/an-absurd-week-in-the-two-tier-election/

This may have been the most absurd week in U.S. politics in recent history.

31 Replies
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: An absurd week in the US

Yeah, but it doesn't affect me ( Trump's misdeeds) so why should I care? (As someone pointed out this week). Why should we care. OooooooK.

Jen
WCMO
Senior Advisor

The problem, sad as it is, is that of our remaining sub-par choices.  The article seems to simply be a collective summary of news and political press articles gathered in a Clinton-supportive fashion, nothing new to add.  Either of the major candidates leave much to be desired.  I believe Clinton's health issues will be her final downfall, if her dishonesty doesn't get her first.  As for Trump, who knows, but a significant portion of his support, possibly his potentially winning margin, is simply anti-Clinton.  If Trump could simply suppress his "Trumpness", and act/behave/speak in a more "Presidential manner", he would appear to trounce Clinton at this point.  Trump's downfall might be due to the stroke Hillary experiences during their head-to-head debates.  Who were the other candidates again?

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

The nuts on the right really don't seem to understand  videotape, the internet, or reality for that matter.

We see what they are and they have shown us.

trumoomg.jpg

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I don`t care if Trump is worth $10 billion or 10¢, I don`t care what Trump`s taxes say the IRS audits him every year...that`s good enough for me.  I don`t care about if it`s really 11 million Mexicans or what Trump says 20 million Mexicans....it`s too damned many Mexicans.   you people need to say exactly what Trump is "lying" about and quantify why I should give a damned.

When Hillary lies, people die.  And it all affects me, the dirty (B-word) will flood us with more Mexicans, the dirty (B-word) will stand up to the NRA and take my guns...I believe her on that, that`s something she isn`t lying about.  The dirty (B-word) will get the country in a war and my Sons and even Daughters might get drafted to fight in her dirty wars and worse yet a country that I don`t have a quarrel with.

hwr247
Senior Contributor

absolutely true! The media was scared that the election would be a non event resulting in viewership being down because Hillary had a good lead! So now hillary is being portrayed negatively to tighten up the race again! its all about money and sales of ad spots on tv! If people watch there are ad spots being bought by the big guys and they will pay pay pay! Its all about money!!!!
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I don`t know hrw247, it seems Hillary`s chickens are coming home to roost, the Clintons can`t get away pulling the crap they did 20 years ago, too many eyes and ears on them.   See, with Hillary`s header, nothing like that happens without someone capturing it on video and going viral. 

My Yahoo news home page was running all sorts of negative Trump stories trying in vain to run interference for Hillary`s health problems..but it`s too big to hide.   The media would love nothing better than for Hillary to win and win by a landslide....there`s always a plane wreck or earthquake or Kardashian to write about.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

BA you need to do some fact checking about what Trump says.

You can just believe he is telling the truth if you do not check facts.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Canuck, you and your McCleans links do NOT tell me what Trump is "lying" about and if he is, why I should care.   I like Trump`s policies, I hate Hillary`s policies, the public know Hillary is a absolute biggest liar unfortunately many in the public like her policies.

So, my challenge to you is give me 5 alleged 'lies" that Trump says and why I should give a damned.  Fair enough?