cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharksoup
Senior Contributor

Re: An absurd week in the US

I re-read an article by Matt Taibi of Rolling Stone the other day.  I've found him to be fairly honest in his assessments of political events.  Written back in April?, it's coverage of the GOP primaries is on the mark about what was happening at the time, and a pretty good crystal ball prediction of what was to come.  It's a long article, but worth the read.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-america-made-donald-trump-unstoppable-20160224

My take on the election is this:  no matter who wins, we're screwed.  Hillary will continue with business as usual; lobbyists writing laws and influencing government to their own benefit, not ours.  Trump will be a loose cannon, with little support from his own party nothing will be accomplished in Congress; again it will be business as usual.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Why does your guy never write on anything like this? Why is he so one sided? Could it be he has an agenda?

snip-

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell attempted to discourage Hillary Clinton and her team from using him as a scapegoat for her private email server problems, according to newly leaked emails from Powell’s Gmail account.

“Sad thing,” Powell wrote to one confidant, “HRC could have killed this two years ago by merely telling everyone honestly what she had done and not tie me to it.”

“I told her staff three times not to try that gambit. I had to throw a mini tantrum at a Hampton’s party to get their attention. She keeps tripping into these ‘character’ minefields,” Powell lamented. He noted that he had tried to settle the matter by meeting with Clinton aide Cheryl Mills in August.  

Powell’s private messages were leaked by D.C. Leaks, an anonymously managed website that shares hacked emails from U.S. military and political figures. D.C. Leaks has a relationship with Guccifer 2.0, a hacker that many allege to have ties with Russian intelligence. D.C. Leaks provided access to Powell’s emails to a number of reporters on Tuesday.

The emails show Powell regularly corresponding with reporters and friends about the Clinton email server scandal, explaining that his situation was different. When Powell arrived at the State Department, the information technology system was badly dated, he argued. And unlike Clinton, Powell never set up a private server. Instead, he used his personal AOL account, on a server maintained by AOL, and used a government computer for classified communications.

“It is no secret that I used a unclassified personal email account in addition to my classified State computer,’” Powell wrote to the New York Times’ Amy Chozick. He implored the dozens of reporters and producers who emailed him to read his book, It Worked for Me: In Life and Leadership, in which he devoted an entire chapter to his efforts to revamp the State Department’s IT system.

The Clinton campaign’s effort to blur the lines between Clinton’s private email server and Powell’s AOL account left Powell deeply frustrated.

“They are going to dick up the legitimate and necessary use of emails with friggin record rules. I saw email more like a telephone than a cable machine,” Powell wrote last year to his business partner Jeffrey Leeds. “As long as the stuff is unclassified. I had a secure State.gov machine. Everything HRC touches she kind of screws up with hubris.”

https://theintercept.com/2016/09/13/colin-powell-emails/

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Here's a few, you can tell us which ones " matter to you ".

http://www.dailywire.com/news/4834/trumps-101-lies-hank-berrien

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Not a one of those "lies" matter to me...and they are stupid fluff such as 53. where Trump said our trade deficit is $500 billion" but it`s actually $343 billion gimmee a break don`t waste my time with stupid stuff, our trade deficit is a hell of alot in my book $1 billion a day, with China alone.

Or 99. Trump`s relationship with God, I don`t judge his or Obama`s Christianity.   i had my own humble opinion on what kind of Christian that Obama is, but I don`t judge anyone`s Christianity. 

I just picked out a couple of the more pertinent "lies"...I consider Trump saying he saw Muslims celebrating at the fall of the towers a mistake at worst and perhaps the absolute truth at best...nothing that effects me or that I give a damned about.

Now hillary says she`ll legalize Mexicans with EO`s in her first 100 days, she says she`ll stand up to the NRA and take my guns....I`m afraid on those issues she is very truthful.

But here are similar real lies from Obama and Hillary that actually DO affest all of us...you guys don`t care because you like free stuff and a government nanny to wipe your nose and a government mommy to wipe your hinder.

http://twitchy.com/twitchys-3831/2016/05/07/watch-13-minutes-of-every-lie-hillary-clinton-has-ever-t...

http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/barack-obamas-10-most-outrageous-lies/

r3020
Senior Advisor

None of them are on par with if you like your policy you can keep your policy. Period.

sharksoup
Senior Contributor

Matt Taibi

Why he doesn't write on a particular topic?  I have no idea.  He now longer works directly for Rolling Stone, but is free lance.  Look back at some of his other articles.  He generally writes about any topic that shows the ridiculousness of politics.  Especially not favorable of anyone who is on the "take" from outside sources.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

A mistake ?!?!

" that wasnt a lie, it was a mistake "

Give ME a break !

Or my favorite  " That wasnt a lie, he just used differnet words "

You should have married that KellyAnn  robot. You 2 could spin every truth all day long and still be able to stand each other.

have you seen her ?! She has no blood in her veins !

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Matt Taibi

My response was to Canuck.

r3020
Senior Advisor

snip-

During the 2008 campaign for president, Hillary Clinton said that as first lady she landed in Bosnia in March of 1996 under sniper fire and ran with her head down to get to the vehicles that were on hand to transport her. 

She later admitted that she misspoke, causing an awkward spell during a hard-fought campaign against then Sen. Barack Obama in 2008. A 1996 video shows her landing and calmly shaking hands with the crowds, even hugging children and posing for photos.

During the 2016 campaign against Sen. Bernie Sanders, Clinton said she didn’t know where the Vermont senator was when she was trying to pass health care legislation as first lady under President Bill Clinton. Videos showing Sanders standing right behind Clinton at a rally, and her thanking Sanders for being present quickly surfaced. 

During a CNN town hall in Columbus, Ohio, in March of 2016, the former New York senator said that “we are going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business.” She later called the comment a misstatement. The words have led to her facing a tougher election battle in coal-producing states such as West Virginia. 

FBI Director James Comey told lawmakers on Capitol Hill on July 7, 2016, that some of Clinton’s claims about her email use as Secretary of State were not true. Comey made the statements while being questioned by U.S. Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-SC, who has been a chief critic of the White House hopeful. The FBI director opted not to bring charges against Clinton for her handling of emails but did say she and her aides were "extremely careless" with classified information. 

Clinton said on Aug. 5, 2016, before a group of journalists that she “may have short-circuited” when saying days earlier that Comey labeled her answers about emails truthful when the FBI chief testified before lawmakers.  

Clinton said at a Sept. 9 fundraiser in New York that about half of Donald Trump's supporters are "deplorables," rattling off that they were sexists, homophobic or racists. She made the comments before introducing singer Barbra Streisand at an LGBT fundraiser that raised about $6 million for the campaign, CNN said. The remarks rallied the GOP and the Trump camp took advantage of the remarks, leading to an expression of regret from the candidate the next day.

http://www.wistv.com/story/32722919/clinton-admits-to-misspeaking-during-2-decades-in-public-eye

tomexrepub
Senior Contributor

Is Obama running for a third term Ron?