And just like that

Discrimination became a good thing.

15 Replies
cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

Re: And just like that

@r3020 wrote:

Feels like we are sitting behind the enemy lines, doesn’t it? Heil, Deep State. 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The "white woman" that accused the black teenage hipster of stealing her I-Phone told Gayle King that "she`s Puerto Rican"...stereotype busted!  Smiley Very Happy   

The DC riot is labeled as a Corona "super spreader", all summer long those riots weren`t spreading Corona .  

But this Twitter deal and their excuse of "they`re a private company" how would that fly with a cafe that refused service to Black customers or AgJudge`s argument way back of "a farm store refusing to sell heatlamp bulbs to homosexuals"  Smiley Very Happy

Packard27
Senior Contributor

Re: And just like that...& Snipe hunting

Call me Happy Go Lucky,

But I continue to hold out great hope that a Democratic Party controlled congress that is busily trying to impeach a former POTUS is also one that will not have a great deal of time left over to get into any real mischief.

Besides, it is not as if there is anything else going on in the country or around the world right now, is there? Nothing that is, unless you count the ongoing Covid 19 pandemic, growing Chinese hegemony, the continued NATO expansion mess, finally getting out of the Middle East, the explosion of wealth inequality between the American oligarch class and everyone else, dealing with the violence, crime & destruction of the mostly peaceful protestors of BLM, Antifa, and now most recently, Trump’s militant wing of supporters, North Korea, a teetering economy, stock market speculation (e.g. TESLA & Bitcoin), still closed public schools, homelessness in America among many of those who are not supposed to even be homeless, several state budgets bordering on insolvency, $27 Trillion of (on the books) national debt, food inflation, etc. etc. etc.

Hang on tight gang. These next few years might prove exciting and highly memorable for all of us.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Just a quick take on that, Captain Oblivious, but I didn't see a single one of those turble things that have been done to The Folk that Dennison made much progress on, and most of them he made worse.

bruce MN
Advisor

Essentially all noble causes.

Chances with dealing with any of the get better without Mitch Mcconnell running blocker for the oligarchs that underwrite his party.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Although a quarter to a third now deidcated to obstruction if not outright sabotage, no matter what.

Meanwhile, they're "just trying to take the temperature down a little and unify this sadly divided country."

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

the ongoing Covid 19 pandemic

When did that become an issue in your country?

Your dear leader has been telling everyone it would either just disappear or it was just a hoax and now all of a sudden it is a "pandemic"

Explosion of wealth inequality is an issue now too after tax cuts for the rich

National debt after last 4 years of high deficits

My how things have changed since Bidden was elected just in 2 months before he is even in power.

r3020
Senior Advisor

And now Joe Biden* is going to reverse the trend.

*- Joe Biden was not elected by the American voters, he was selected by the vote counters.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Afternoon Dr Ron,

Imagine for a moment you reflect on your place in history.  On your side of the conflict is an entrenched central government, the most powerful people, the richest people, the government law enforcement, the intelligence apparatus of that government.  Imagine your side burns down neigborhoods, steals and loots from others.  Imagine your side welds it's power to silence opposition.

Now tell me, is it likely that that is the right side of history?