Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

And then we told them.

10 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: And then we told them.

Betchya don't see them laughing today.  But, I really don't think Obama will change his course a bit. He will just veto anything the congress sends up to him to sign incl health care bill reforms, tax reforms, all the promises that got the new bunch in power. GRIDLOCK for sure.

Veteran Advisor

No, they probably aren't laughing today but then are you?  BTW, have they told you which Dr. you can go to yet.  Did you know that many corps across the country use HMOs for their employees and those employees can only go to SPECIFIC drs that are approved of by the plan?  You can go to someone else but it will be paid for by YOU and not your insurance.  I can go to any Dr. that accepts Medicare and Tricare and that is just about all of them.  I haven't found a single dr yet who doesn't accept both plans that I have and I have to see several different Drs.  How much do you have to pay for your premiums?

Senior Contributor

Come on Bart, it's a joke. I got a good laugh and thought others might also. Smile, the sun came up.

Veteran Advisor

Right.  As we used to say in Germany--Das war ein kleiner Witz -- ein SEHR kleiner Witz!  (That was a little joke--a VERY little joke!)

BTW way, the sun isn't up here yet.

Senior Contributor

Bart, it sounds like there is good chance there may be several doctors you will no longer be able to see as several have hinted they may opt of Medicare if their payments are cut.

Senior Contributor

Wait bart, wait. The bill doesn't kick in completely until 2014.
Veteran Advisor

Just like your "story" of complaining about (deductible)health insurance premiums, you're wrong AGAIN. The ACA STARTS in 2014, and goes all the way up to 2018 for some parts too.

Veteran Advisor

I have talked to all of my Drs (5) and none of them have any plans to quit Medicare.Why should they?  They get more patients with it than without it and they have agreed to accept lower fees (which really are about right) than the fees they charge you fat cats.  They still get to charge the high prices for the folks not on Medicare.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Doctor fees.

First understand I do not know much about your medicare or what doctors charge but here is a little comment.

We have no dental plan and I know that the dentist charges us less than he would if we had a dental insurance plan.

Now I do not know for sure what all the reasons are but I have always assumed it was because I was going to pay them as I left with my mouth still frozen while the insurance meant extra paper work and then a wait for the payment to get back to him.

Is that 1 reason your doctors are content with a medicare payment that is less than regular payments?

Of course maybe they just feel sorry for the poor old folks on medicareSmiley Wink