cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: Yep here we are

owners of quite a lot of rental houses and the gov will pay 350 for a dump we charge 200 to try and help people and are made fun of by gov landlords --need more or satisfied to be a lib and dumocrat

colinnorris1
Senior Contributor

Re: When You Boil It All Down, .....

@Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^) wrote:
You have not learned a thing in your suspension.

You indicate I have been economical with the truth but my post doesnt say that, as you read.  It matters not if I was suspended or banned but if you want to split hairs, go for it Wordsworth.  Either way, it is not going to get easier for you.  I am surprised you didnt exploit your little ray of sunshine a lot more in my absence.  Likening me with Fidel Castro and his ridiculous return to catholicism just doesnt cut it comrade.  Before you grit you teeth with anger, just lay back in your hamock and accept that life  on here, just now, got a little tougher.  I told you so.

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Yep here we are

South Africans or Ukranians? How many cots to a room? Good that you leave them a little to send home.
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Your wrong!

There is a shortage of decent housing nearly everywhere in the country where the employment situation is better than dismal. What would common sense dictate in that case? I'm doubtful of their being an epeidemic of benevolent rentiers in this economy. You are making the call that since in the case of some renters there is assistance available, that is the driver. Take your "common sense" and use it. I've come to think that your entire worldview is shaped by the great big anecdote that is your having white trash living across the road and some dirt road bum topping off your neice.
HortonGordelson
Senior Contributor

Donny was talking about California in the post I replied to, not some "better than dismal" employment area. Although rent assistance programs probably set the bar in most areas.

No one lives across the road from me and my niece can get topped by who ever she wants.....Big ole FAIL for you again Bruce.

bruce MN
Advisor

Quick research search project on your (grossly generalized) allegation found only a handful of RW think tank "urban legend" creating sites suggesting, and even then only quite loosely, what you say.

That tendancies towards generalization is what spurred the metaphors. Dang. It's got to be something...or at least hopefully so...that has you "just knowing".
r3020
Senior Advisor

Who has been in charge of California and LA for decades?

r3020
Senior Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

It's a capitalist utopia. Yes even in california. The rental rates have out paced the living wage. An ideal capitalist situation. Demand has driven rental property to new highs and you like it that way. Proof positive that capitalism builds wealth and leaves the underpaid behind. Admit it 20, You rejoice in the fact that the uder paid remain that way. I'll bet even today you prefer that wages don't increase for the less fortunate.

And you go the Mexico for dental work because you refuse to pay American labor rates.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Re: You're wrong!

Couple years ago i rode along with a bank collections officer to a property they were foreclosing on.  The officer said as their was a rental trailer on the property the owner claimed generated $450/Month rent that was paid by hud.  Got to the property, no owner to be found, but we did find the renters in a mobile so disgusting and dilapidated you can't believe anyone would live there.  I know there are requirements for hud but apparently this one fell through the cracks.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Section 8 Analysis for the low info crowd

the sgt schultz types probably don't even know what section 8 is.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/marketplace/law-tv/section-8-housing-destroying-home-values-and-driving...