cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Another myth

That voter ID has been passed to prevent voting by non elgible voters. The fact is that far more elgible voters will lose their franchise than illegal voters being deterred.

You can bet your sweet bippy that repubs would not require voter ID if they thought they would benefit from the illegal vote.

9 Replies
ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

Re: Another myth

Yeah but...that would be stealing your idea...

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: name 1 thing wrong with voter id

here we cleaned the rolls and took off 20% of voters many dead who were still voting ---i dare demonarts to tell whats wrong with voter id ----bet they run

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

You do not know the consequential ramifications of voter ID other than to want to stop more democrat voters. A very admirable reason indeed and brilliant once again.
r3020
Senior Advisor

@gough whitlam wrote:
You do not know the consequential ramifications of voter ID other than to want to stop more democrat voters. A very admirable reason indeed and brilliant once again.

Voter ID is to keep the dead from voting......twice.

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

Canada

I'd be happy with the same voter ID laws that Canada has.

In Canada, you can:

• show one piece of government identification which shows their photo, name and residential address (e.g. a driver's licence), or
  • show two pieces of identification from Election Canada's authorized list. Both pieces of identification must contain the voter's name, and one must have the voter's residential address, or
  • be vouched for by another voter whose name appears on the voters list in the same polling division and who has acceptable pieces of identification. Both will have to make a sworn statement. A voter can only vouch for one person and a voter who has been vouched for can't vouch for someone else.

Voter Identification for the Homeless

The homeless need to get an Attestation of Residence from a homeless shelter or soup kitchen they frequent and also show another piece of identification to prove their identity, a health card for example.

Voter Identification for Those Wearing Face Coverings

Voters wearing face coverings, including Muslim women, will be asked to remove their face covering. If the voter does not wish to do so, they must take the Oath of Qualification to Vote and show two pieces of identification.

http://canadaonline.about.com/od/federalelections/a/voter-id-canadian-federal-elections.htm

Would that be someone everyone could live with?  I haven't heard one peep about Canada denying minorities the right to vote, so it would seem that if we adopted identical standards, we shouldn't have any problems with it, either.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I have voted in 5 states during my lifetime and I have never failed to show ID by request in order to get registered and also to show a photo ID when voting.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

r3020 Veteran Advisor
5:59 AM
gough whitlam wrote:
Voter ID is to keep the dead from voting......twice.

You don't know either you poor sick muma.
RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

www.bradblog.com/?p=10687.

voter fraud - it does exist in WI !!