cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Another tax levy

School sent home a notice yesterday asking for support for a new tax levy.   Budgets are tight it said, we need more money to keep from making big cuts.  

The principal at the elementary school just took retirement and a new job WITHIN THE SAME DISTRICT, she took several people with her to her new administration job that had to be replaced in the school $$$$$$.   Our local UE rate, the U3 official UE rate, is about 15%.   People are cutting back why do the schools feel they shouldn't have to?

They hiked the price of school lunches, but still give out free breakfast, WTH?

14 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Another tax levy

What are you complaining about, she'll be taxed heavily, and probably pay more than you in income taxes due to two incomes.

So, you're also telling us that she retired from the district, but yet took another job within the same district. Was it a lower or higher position, and how could she technically retire and yet work for the same employer?

I'm calling BS. Link to the school board meeting transcripts or the school website so that I can read it for myself.

Advisor

its called double dipping happens all the time.

you can call whatever you like.  you can even double dog dare me.

Senior Advisor

She is paying taxes on tax dollars, not the way to grow an economy.

Veteran Advisor

I didn't say that it didn't happen, or "all the time", I asked you to provide a link to something so that I could verify your claim, and read it for myself, which you didn't.

It's not that I don't believe you..........well, actually it is, because republicans like to lie about someone or thing that they perceive to be their political enemy.

Senior Contributor

3020.. you can say the samething about your farm direct payt.   no way to grow a economy.  

Senior Contributor

I agree with you hobby, been saying that for a long time get the government out of ag. Get the government out of a lot of things.

Senior Advisor

Couldn't agree more Hobby. It is nothing but another failed social program. Cut the USDA, do away with direct and counter cyclical payment. End EQUIP and CRP. Close the FSA offices and do away with yield estimates. If goldman or Cargill wants to know how many bushels are out there let them fund  the estimates. Nothing the government needs to be involved with. Corporate welfare at it's finest.

Senior Contributor

You all know farm programs are voluntary if you really mean  for  govt to get out  just quit crossing the FSA  doorway.

Senior Contributor

Hobby, that will not stop the program. Congress needs to cut it off. Will they do it?