cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Another tax levy

You can lead by example. Then we will know you're serious about balancing the budget. Heh heh!

Veteran Advisor

Re: Leading the Way.

@kraft-t wrote:

You can lead by example. Then we will know you're serious about balancing the budget. Heh heh!

I have been leading the way since 1980....Hay Growers get no consideration at the hog trough, nor should they..... When the demand is up, we grow more acres, when the demand is down, we shut down.....just like any other business.

Senior Advisor

We have Mr Kraft. I have a barn, open to the east, with a concrete slab I feed hogs on. I wanted to pour a catch pit so I could scrap the lot and then suck it up with the honey wagon. Needed something that would hold about 5,000 gallon. I check with the FSA about EQUIP money. They said they would pay 90% if I poured it to their specs. They said it had to hold 90,000 gallon and had to have a cap over it. They would also pay 90% of a new honey wagon. I said all I want is a 5,000 gallon catch pit. They said it had to be big enough for a years storage and had to include room for rain water. Told them I was not interest.

We reshaped a water way this summer. Didn't even check with FSA about a CRP water way. They pay 90%. This way we built it to our specs, not theirs.

Even though we didn't spend "their money" it was still spent. You know how the government works, they never return it to the treasury, they have to find a rat hole some where or next year they will have to do with less, something unheard of with the federal government. The only answer to these over funded, run by twice as many over paid employees than needed, is to kill the program.

Senior Contributor

Lead by example? Like you do that. I want government to cut spending, you want government to raise taxes so they can spend more. You set a great example for your kids and grandkids. Geesh...

Senior Contributor

"You can lead by example. Then we will know you're serious about balancing the budget. Heh heh!"

Careful Don.  You are always telling us that we should be willing to pay higher income taxes and just recently told us, "We cannot afford tax cuts for anyone. We have had those cuts for 7 years and they are not producing as advertised. In fact tax increases are in order."  However I'll bet there are several tax deductions you use every year to lower your tax payments.  I believe all those deductions are voluntary and if you wanted you could choose to ignore them and pay more taxes.  Then we would know your serious about being willing to pay more in taxes.