cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Another violent veteran

For all you super patriots who refuse to believe that veterans are capable of violence to the public, another one bites the dust.

http://news.yahoo.com/authorities-body-believed-mt-rainier-shooting-suspect-151747393.html

13 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Another violent veteran

Everyone is capable of violence. Why point him out as being a vet? Are vets more prone to violence than say postal workers? Where did the term "going postal" or "went postal" come from?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

The point is that you super patriots ridiculed and scoffed and called the Secretary of Homeland security for saying that some veterans are capable of causing much violence because of their war time training and experience.  I pointed him out as a vet because that is what he is and the national news pointed it first.  The term going postal started about 20 years or more ago because so many postal workers took out their anger and frustration with a gun and some stupid jerk rightwinger decided it would be funny to start applying the term to anyone who lost it with a gun.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Why would you suggest that the term "going postal" was generated by a "stupid right winger"?????

The gal that told me what the term meant 15 years ago or so was a post office worker, and definately not a republican.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Hey, isn't 'Bart both a veteran, and ex postal worker. That makes me wonder.....ummmm.....nothing......never mind.......sure is nice weather we've been having, wouldn't you say?
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Why would you not think it could? 50/50 chance
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I also own several guns
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@r3020 wrote:

Everyone is capable of violence. Why point him out as being a vet? Are vets more prone to violence than say postal workers? Where did the term "going postal" or "went postal" come from?

Gee, ... Brian is both a retired postal worker and military!  ...... and *GASP* he owns lots of GUNS!

Run for your LIVES!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I don't own LOTS of guns but I do own more than I can hold all at once. Why do you get all wrapped too tight when one shows you that. violence can come from vets and active duty soldiers?? They are like every other aspect of society except that their training makes them more dangerous if they do become violent.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Why does the government single them out?