cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Any rejoicing today?

Thousands of troops withdrawn from Iraq yesterday.  50K noncombatants are left behind. Whatever an noncombatant is. 

It's a big step in the right direction or a retreat from the wrong direction. What was accomplished in Iraq was not worth the life of any of my children or any of yours in my opinion. 

Anyway, I hope there are a lot of reunions between husbands wives parents and children. 

12 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Any rejoicing today?

No rejoicing going on. Sorry, Kraft. Smiley Mad

Veteran Advisor

Sure was plenty here today when a bunch of NG came home.Smiley Very Happy

Senior Contributor

I agree Don there was little accomplished in Iraq and definitely not worth the cost in lives lost.  I give Obama credit for pulling most of the troops out.  Kind of hard for many Iowans to rejoice to much since a large contingent of Iowans in the NG were recently deployed yet again back over seas to Afghanistan.  I think it is time to start pulling our troops out of there as well. 

Veteran Advisor

Too bad that there is a large demographic of TV viewers with their sets locked on to one source that probably have no knowledge of what happened.

FOX devoted an entire 10 minutes of coverage to the story yesterday.

Veteran Contributor

A little distortment of the actual truth there Bruce.  I would bet that nearly every hour of news covered the story extensively on Fox.  So if you want to claim Fox only gave it 10 minutes for the day, you prove it , otherwise you are a liar.

Cropdoc

Veteran Advisor

Veteran Contributor

I can tell you Bruce that Fox covered it extensively during the day during every hourly news cycle, as I was in the house working and had them on.  So what if they didn't cover the withdrawal as much as MessNBC.  I bet they didn't give President Bush any credit for the success of the surge that all the Democrats who are celebrating the withdrawal oppossed.  Harry Reid "this war is lost"  what a joke he is. 

You will be the one weeping the first Wednesday in November after all your heroes are sent home packing with all their liberal progressive policies and excessive spending going with them.

Cropdoc

Senior Advisor

The surge did not win the war. It was our government money that paid the resistance to stop killing us.

Veteran Contributor

Then why are we still there if all it takes to bring peace is to pay the troublemakers off???  Unbelievalby niave to say the least along with being terribly ignorant of the truth.

Cropdoc