Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Anybody know a good IT guy?

3 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Anybody know a good IT guy?

I don't work for the government, obviously, yet I do use Kaspersky and have no complaints, think I'm on my 3rd 3-year subscription, maybe 4th. Seriously doubt I have anything on my computer that would be of interest to the Russians anyway, but suspect that much of the anti-Kaspersky hype is overblown.

Before Kaspersky, I used McAfee, and when I made the switch I quickly decided that Kaspersky was a superior product.  Also, had trouble getting rid of all the McAfee links, still find one once in awhile.

Still, for government computers, they should be using a product with -0- links of any kind to a foreign entity, if such a product truly exists.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

There are probably agencies within the US government that aren't happy that their snooping is being blocked by the Kaspersky antivirus antimalware  software.

Senior Contributor

I asked my brother to look at your thread. He read the link. He said that most of it is b---s---.  Most of the attacks that he gets is from non-Russian sources. He has developed systems to detect almost all attempts to hack his domains. I won't say what they are. 

The Russian hackers that do most of the Russian hacking are mostly independent operations looking to scrounge a living by selling information to willing buyers. The Ukrainian hackers do the same thing. 

You would be amazed to learn how much hacking our own Deep State does. 

🕵🏻