cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Anyone here a member of Direct Buy?

Carolyn and I went to hear there spiel yesterday. It reminded me of a time share sales meeting. We said no but there were a few that signed up from our group.

6 Replies
Kraftedbydemocrats
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone here a member of Direct Buy?

What is it...explain please.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

You buy a membership and you buy products directly from the manufacturers at price that the retailers pay for it. If you have a house building project and are going to buy cupboards, funishings, flooring or hundreds of products the savings can be substantial. In our case, we do not intend to purchase a large volume of goods and our savings would not enough to warrant the membership fees.

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

I've heard of it and wonder how they get by with selling to them at the same price without breaking agreements/contracts to their dealers and retailers. There are franchise agreements and such that they cannot undercut the companies that they supply too.

I never heard how much it cost, but how much is a membership?

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

5 large

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

Ouch! If somebody was to buy a lot of stuff maybe the combined savings would offset that. Any breaks on shipping or anything?

I hope you got a sandwich out of them at least. LOL

dagwud
Senior Contributor

I would suggest doing some research on them Don before handing over any money.   Several years ago I bought into a similar type deal but targeted for farmers.  We were told that we could by parts and new equipment from all the major manufacturers.    The salesperson while at our house even had us get out some receits for parts we had bought in the last year and he made some calls and we checked their prices which were about 20% cheaper.  I asked them specifically if I could by a new combine or tractor through them and was told yes.  When I asked if we could check to see what the cost would be for a new combine I was told they can not do that unless I was serious and was wanting to buy one today.  Long story short, I bought into the business which I beleive was $1500 and after making several calls to get a price on a new combine we kept getting the run around such as there were no new combines like I wanted available at the time or that the person I needed to talk to was on vacation.  I then called the company and told them I was not happy and wanted my money back or I would take legal action against them.  They quickly refunded all my money and I have chalked it up to experience.  Like my dad always told me, If a deal is to good to be true....