cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Anyone see anything wrong with this

The TPP is a pie in the sky trade deal, whose alleged bennefits could 10 years down the road with the possible exception of pork then these guys will be the winners anyway.

http://www.agriculture.com/news/livestock/pk-powerhouses-2015-expsion-looms_3-ar50327 

Trade is much more than just agriculture, to put it in perspective, one man Bill Gates could probably buy the entire corn bean and wheat crop with his fortune, that`s how small potatoes farming is in the scheme of the entire economy.  "farm groups" that are thrilled with the TPP as they were with the disaster NAFTA never learn.  Yeah you might get a nickel more for your corn, but your brother-in-law is out of a job and has to move in with you...not a good trade off, I`ll take a nickel less for my corn and keep my brother-in-law as far away as possible thank you very much.

I`ve heard people like Trump get soaked with his tax plan, for one thing those that been getting away with a 15% capital gains rate, would get soaked with a new rate of 25%. 

Putin is bombing ISIS, instead of being antagonistic let him keep killing our enemies.

Peppering the one word question of "How???"  is just a simplistic excuse to not do something that needs to be done.  Prior to Trump the only options regarding illegal immigration was "should we grant amnesty in the morning or in the afternoon?"  Trump brought to light the obvious 3rd option of we don`t have to do any of that insanity!

Veteran Advisor

What isn't working?  The deficit is much lower than during the bush era, Many more jobs have been created.  The dow has doubled since Obama took office,  More people than ever before have health insurance.  What isn't working is that you phoney Christians have learned that you can't discriminate without someone calling you on it.  You have learned that you can't force your religion on anyone much less everyone.  People, ALL people who love   each other can now be married and have the same rights and privileges as you. So, other than you having to live with a president you hate, everything is better for America--just not for you rightwingnuts who aren't getting your way!!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Obama’s Lowest Budget Deficit is Still Higher Than George W. Bush’s Biggest Deficit.

President Bush was seen by many as a big spender who squandered a rare budget surplus. But according to the Office of Management and Budget, Bush’s highest annual budget deficit was $458 billion.

That’s still $25 billion less than Obama’s lowest deficit: $483 billion in the just-finished 2014 fiscal year, and several years into what Obama himself has called an economic recovery.

So for all of Obama’s boasting this week, Obama still hasn’t managed to preside over a deficit that’s lower than Bush’s highest deficit.

Senior Contributor

Total National Debt Will Nearly Double Under Obama.

When Obama took office, the national debt was $10.6 trillion. As of January 2015, it stood at just over $18 trillion.

If the budget deficit stays around $500 billion a year for the next two years, as expected, total debt will exceed $19 trillion by the time Obama leaves office.

Senior Contributor

Who is telling a fib here?

Senior Contributor

yeah well

nz.jpg

Veteran Advisor

Well, this speaks for itself.  2009-2013

So what did I lie about?

Fiscal year
Deficit
Deficit as share of GDP
9.8 percent
8.8 percent
8.4 percent
6.8 percent
4.1 percent

You should look at this graph also.  You won't believe it but you should still read it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/adding-to-the-deficit-bush-vs-obama/2012/01/31/gIQAQ0...

Senior Contributor

Bottom line is we are trillions more in dept now than we were when Bush was in office. You can twist all the facts any way you want but we still owe more than ever. Maybe some of you don't think it is important to pay your bills but I do.

Senior Contributor

Re: yeah well

Who give a crap what the rest of the world thinks of us. They already think we are soft stupid and irrelevant.

Veteran Advisor

If you had any kind of grip on reality, you could accept the fact that a lot maybe even most of that debt is due to the policies that bush put in place during his reign!  But you don't and you can't.