cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Arab srping comes into focus.

snip-

Shehato: "...We still espouse the old jihadi ideology that is today the ideology of Sheikh Ayman Al-Zawahiri, the late Sheikh Osama bin Laden, and Abu Muhammad Al-Maqdisi... If the revolution was meant to overthrow the tyrant Mubarak, then we have always said that all the Arab rulers, without exception, are infidels who must be killed because they do not rule according to the shari'a. They are apostate infidels, as opposed to infidels like the Jews and Christians, and anyone who doubts that they are infidels is an infidel [himself]."

Q: "But we Egyptians have never regarded the Christians as infidels. [In fact,] many of us have Christian friends even closer than our Muslim friends."

Shehato: "As a Muslim, I must support the Muslim and oppose the Christian. If there is a Christian who does me no harm, I will maintain limited contact with him. Islam [discusses] certain degrees of contact with the Christian, namely: keeping promises [that were made him], dealing honestly with him, treating him kindly, and befriending him. The first three are allowed, but the fourth [i.e., befriending the Christian] is deemed dangerous, for it contravenes the verse that says, 'O you who believe! Do not take my enemy and your enemy for friends: would you offer them love while they deny what has come to you of the truth' [Koran 60:1]. It is inconceivable that they should serve in judiciary or executive posts, for instance in the army or the police."

Q: "Are you against blowing up churches?"

Shehato: "Yes and no. The Christian is free to worship his god in his church, but if the Christians make problems for the Muslims, I will exterminate them. I am guided by the shari'a, and it stipulates that they must pay the jizya tax while in a state of humiliation..."

Q: "These positions of yours frighten us, as Egyptians."

Shehato: "I will not act [in ways] that contradict my faith just in order to please the people... We say to the Christians, convert to Islam or pay the jizya, otherwise we will fight you. The shari'a is not based on [human] logic but on divine law. That is why we oppose universal, manmade constitutions."

snip-

Q: "If you rise to power in Egypt, will you launch a campaign of Islamic conquest?"

Shehato: "Of course we will launch a campaign of Islamic conquest, throughout the world. As soon as the Muslims and Islam control Egypt and implement the shari'a [there], we will turn to the neighboring regions, [such as] Libya [to the west] and Sudan to the south. All the Muslims in the world who wish to see the shari'a implemented worldwide will join the Egyptian army in order to form Islamic battalions, whose task will be to bring about the victory of [our] faith. We hope that, with Allah's help, Egypt will be the spark [that sets off this process]..."

Q: "You said that you endorse the ideology of Osama bin Laden and Ayman Al-Zawahiri. Does this mean that your way of implementing shari'a in Egypt will be through violence and war, like their [way]?"

Shehato: "No, we will implement the shari'a through da'wa [preaching], while violence will be directed only at the infidel Arab rulers. In their case, there is no choice but to use force, though the shari'a does not call it 'violence' but 'jihad for the sake of Allah.' There is no other way... because they have power and weapons..."

Q: "How will the foreign ministry [operate] in an Islamic state?"

Shehato: "There are Muslims and there are infidels. We will have ambassadors in every country. We want to call all other countries to join Islam, and that will be the task of the ambassadors. If [the countries] refuse, there will be war. We will not tolerate mutual trade and cultural ties with non-Muslims."

http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/5601.htm

13 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Choices

@r3020 wrote:

snip-

Shehato: "...We still espouse the old jihadi ideology that is today the ideology of Sheikh Ayman Al-Zawahiri, the late Sheikh Osama bin Laden, and Abu Muhammad Al-Maqdisi... If the revolution was meant to overthrow the tyrant Mubarak, then we have always said that all the Arab rulers, without exception, are infidels who must be killed because they do not rule according to the shari'a. They are apostate infidels, as opposed to infidels like the Jews and Christians, and anyone who doubts that they are infidels is an infidel [himself]."

Q: "But we Egyptians have never regarded the Christians as infidels. [In fact,] many of us have Christian friends even closer than our Muslim friends."

Shehato: "As a Muslim, I must support the Muslim and oppose the Christian. If there is a Christian who does me no harm, I will maintain limited contact with him. Islam [discusses] certain degrees of contact with the Christian, namely: keeping promises [that were made him], dealing honestly with him, treating him kindly, and befriending him. The first three are allowed, but the fourth [i.e., befriending the Christian] is deemed dangerous, for it contravenes the verse that says, 'O you who believe! Do not take my enemy and your enemy for friends: would you offer them love while they deny what has come to you of the truth' [Koran 60:1]. It is inconceivable that they should serve in judiciary or executive posts, for instance in the army or the police."

Q: "Are you against blowing up churches?"

Shehato: "Yes and no. The Christian is free to worship his god in his church, but if the Christians make problems for the Muslims, I will exterminate them. I am guided by the shari'a, and it stipulates that they must pay the jizya tax while in a state of humiliation..."

Q: "These positions of yours frighten us, as Egyptians."

Shehato: "I will not act [in ways] that contradict my faith just in order to please the people... We say to the Christians, convert to Islam or pay the jizya, otherwise we will fight you. The shari'a is not based on [human] logic but on divine law. That is why we oppose universal, manmade constitutions."

snip-

Q: "If you rise to power in Egypt, will you launch a campaign of Islamic conquest?"

Shehato: "Of course we will launch a campaign of Islamic conquest, throughout the world. As soon as the Muslims and Islam control Egypt and implement the shari'a [there], we will turn to the neighboring regions, [such as] Libya [to the west] and Sudan to the south. All the Muslims in the world who wish to see the shari'a implemented worldwide will join the Egyptian army in order to form Islamic battalions, whose task will be to bring about the victory of [our] faith. We hope that, with Allah's help, Egypt will be the spark [that sets off this process]..."

Q: "You said that you endorse the ideology of Osama bin Laden and Ayman Al-Zawahiri. Does this mean that your way of implementing shari'a in Egypt will be through violence and war, like their [way]?"

Shehato: "No, we will implement the shari'a through da'wa [preaching], while violence will be directed only at the infidel Arab rulers. In their case, there is no choice but to use force, though the shari'a does not call it 'violence' but 'jihad for the sake of Allah.' There is no other way... because they have power and weapons..."

Q: "How will the foreign ministry [operate] in an Islamic state?"

Shehato: "There are Muslims and there are infidels. We will have ambassadors in every country. We want to call all other countries to join Islam, and that will be the task of the ambassadors. If [the countries] refuse, there will be war. We will not tolerate mutual trade and cultural ties with non-Muslims."

http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/5601.htm

Sooner.... or later, but it will come.  We will have to decide whether to allow these people infected with a thought virus to exterminate us willingly, or to choose a method to remove them from the physical world.

Sarin nerve agents would be my choice, as it leaves the least harmful after effects, if need be, then a weaponized disease that acts fast then breaks down quickly that we in the West have a vaccine to prevent our contracting the disease.

Without a doubt, there will be a day of reckoning, and I know how I will decide.  I will not be a sheep to the slaughter like some of the peaceniks of the world.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Arab srping comes into focus.

You sound skeered!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Choices

So, you have shifted gears and have put aside nukes for them and will now go with poisonous gas.  Good thinking!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

They don't hide their intent, they tell us exactly what their goal is, a world ruled by sharia.

Highlighted
Advisor

MEMRI is THE likud/ neocon propaganda organ founded by Israeli "Intelligence agents"

Your certainly a dedicated "Defender of Israel"(useful idiot) parrot.   Memri has been proven to mis-translate and distort      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East_Media_Research_Institute

Snip--The organization's translations are regularly quoted by major international newspapers, and its work has generated strong criticism. Critics have accused MEMRI of often producing inaccurate translations with undue emphasis and selectivity and disseminating the most extreme views from Arabic and Persian media while ignoring moderate views that are often found in the same media outlets.ttttt 

The Middle East Media Research Institute, or MEMRI for short, is a Middle Eastern press monitoring organization with headquarters located inWashington, DC. MEMRI was co-founded in 1998 by Yigal Carmon, a former colonel in the Israeli military intelligence and Meyrav Wurmser, anIsraeli-bornAmerican political scientist. MEMRI distributes free English language translations of material published in Arabic, Persian, Urdu, Pashto, and Turkish, publishes analyses and reports on its website and offers specialized content for a fee.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Like I said, you sound skeered.  Don't pee your pants, it'll be alright soon as craig nukes gases all of them.

Highlighted
Advisor

Arab Spring taken out of focus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East_Media_Research_Institute

snip--    

Selectivity

Several critics have accused MEMRI of selectivity. They state that MEMRI consistently picks for translation and dissemination the most extreme views, which portray the Arab and Muslim world in a negative light, while ignoring moderate views that are often found in the same media outlets.[1][22][22][23][24] Juan Cole, Professor of Modern Middle East History at the University of Michigan, argues MEMRI has a tendency to "cleverly cherry-pick the vast Arabic press, which serves 300 million people, for the most extreme and objectionable articles and editorials" [27] Former CIA counterintelligence official Vincent Cannistraro also charged that "MEMRI is selective and acts as propagandists for a political point of view which follows the extreme right of Likud."[28] Laila Lalami, writing in The Nation, states that MEMRI "consistently picks the most violent, hateful rubbish it can find, translates it and distributes it in e-mail newsletters to media and members of Congress in Washington".[22] As a result, critics such as Ken Livingstone state, MEMRI's analyses are "distortion".[29][30][31]

[edit]

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Sure....You Betcha!!!!!!!!!

Senior Advisor

Re: Arab Spring taken out of focus

So then you say the interview never took place, the whole thing is a lie? Because if he did make those statement it would be very troubling?