cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Are your kids going to be red, or blue?

'ceptin, of course, for ollie who most obviously is.

Re: another jealous poster !!!!!

There is no way that the remaining 99% of us can possibly match your superior intellect and character. Whether it is through genetic predetermination or a result of our own poor character and dissolute habits, we are destined to be losers.

However there are about 99 of us for every one of you.

So in a society that is still to some degree a representative republic, you are left with 2 options, both of which I might add are being brilliantly exploited by you and your fellow titans.

One is to convince some of us that we owe our allegiance to you and in fact are better off under your benign rule- i.e., Joe the Plumber. Or alternately that no matter how poor our lot is it is still better than being part of the untouchable strata of society. It is working pretty well, nobody ever said that losers are smart.

The second, also being brilliantly executed, is to rule by whatever subversion of law and constituion can be executed, i.e. voter disenfranchisement and suppression, capture of the courts and regulatory process and through a well funded propaganda dispersed by a captive media and punditry.

So far you are doing pretty well and I'm thinking you're even winning.

Or you might just be Joe the Plumber.

Senior Contributor

all obamo posts were facts not gripes----by the way what are you jealous about ???

Senior Contributor

are you saying 99% of the people are jealous ---how pathetic ---every where i travel the top 10% of the farmers are looked on with jealousy by the want to bees--but that is the reason they are want to bees --they spend their lives letting  jealousy over ride their thinking--but i ASSURE you 99% of the pop are NOt consumed with jealousy

Senior Contributor

Assume the link is to the Ed Show" which is obnoxious as listening to Beck or Limbaugh.  Tried a couple of times to watch for a few minutes and wasn't able to handle the hard left spin and half to completely non-truths.  If you like him fine, but if many are buying this shtick, no doubt the polarization is well on its way to becoming complete.  Answer to question, one is hard red that is married to a pale blue.  Other is red and married to a red.  None would tune in to the Ed show.

Advisor

As he expands ever so little much more in his commentary as the weeks go by ollie is beginning to sound more and more familiar. I swear he's been here before under another handle. The schtick is starting to sound eerily familiar.

Any other of you long termers sensing that? I can't remember a name and the archives tanked with the changed format.

I don't know anywhere that is more defined by jealousy and envy than the agricultural community.

And I have to say that some of the most successful croppers are people who I would define as deeply motivated by jealousy and envy- by God, I'm going to grab it whether I need it or not becasue I don't want somebody else to have it.

I think I do OK, I spend a lot less time worrying about the neighbors than some of my friends do.

As a matter of public policy I am opposed to farm payments and particularly disliked the '98 double down which in my view only rewarded people who were overextended and should have known better. The '95 Farm Bill spelled out clearly what the intention was and there was no reason to go back on it.

I also think that the ethanol policy is deeply flawed but don't expect much reasonable discussion on that here. Nobody questions a windfall when it falls on them. They just blame other people for being jealous.

Senior Contributor

You're a smart man. Graph the percentage increase of income/person of the top 1% and the bottom 80% from 1979 to 2009 (inflation adjusted). Find the numbers yourself and come back to discuss this issue of wage disparity. If you are unwilling to figure it out, why not? As for half and non-truths, spin, where are they in that graph you will have made yourself?

Senior Contributor

It is easier to keep distance from issues and say they're lies than to see the evidence with their own eyes and have to acknowledge they were wrong.

Highlighted
Advisor

You are on the right track..

...with some of that. Not the hateful social stuff, but about 10% of the econ stuff.

Here is a fair overview of what's actually out there in teh everyday business community. But the folks who make up the entities described within aren't Koch or Heritage Foundation twisted types who are complicit in playing social fundamentalists like you and others here  like a violin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/22/small-business-tax-holiday_n_881597.html

There is a political gap just as much as there is an income gap.