cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Arizona and Illegal Immigration

How many more times will the current clowns in the federal government oppose the majority opinions of American citizens? From foreign policy, to healthcare to our economic system, social policy,  and now immigration, the boys and girls in charge want to do what the majority of Americans oppose...how long can this continue to go on? If the federal government files suit , as threatened , against the Arizona state for trying to enforce existing immigration law, I look for a backlash that they are not even remotely ready for.

Leadership is when you convince the followers to go down a path they are reluctant to tread. Hitler was a great leader, he took a minority supported fringe movement and used it to take over a powerful country and ruin it. Hopefully the American majority will produce a spokesman to take our country back, we don't even need a leader since we are not a minority that needs to sway so many to go against their core beliefs. We don't need a demagogue like Hitler or Obama, we just need a common sense, sane person to sort out this mess and return America to its roots. The tree of liberty should not be chopped down by the current band of losers.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Arizona and Illegal Immigration

What's the makeup of this "majority" you say is going to, or needs to discover and elevate a leader?

What's the movement here that would be analagous to the "minority fringe movement" that Hitler started with?

I'm wondering if maybe you aren't just assuming that Americans  aren't simply going to wake up one moring and collectively realize that, "S###, we just need to turn things backover to middle aged and elderly white males who know how to make crony csapitalism and shadow banking work, where they don't draw so much attention to themselves."

Obama's one big mistake was, or still is by the looks of his input to the financial reform bill, beleiving or thinking that other things could change or be changed without changing some primary things first. And it's beginning to appear that they can't be. Simply not in the cards.

I'm continuing to see it more as futility than failure.

Your "peeps" are going to get one more shot at running things Red. T'will be interesting.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Why does the race card always come up in talking about leadership? Have I ever said that it matters if the leadership is white, asian, black, green, red, etc?

Why not just post that maybe we should turn the country back to mature people, regardless of ethnic backgrounds.

My family is multi-ethnic, we are not lily white people.

I get a little tired of this inherent racism, coming from both sides.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Your "peeps" are going to get one more shot at running things Red. T'will be interesting.

No, it's not, Bruce. They haven't learned a thing, they are still just as clueless as they were before, what's worse is they don't have a leader that can reach them all either. They are so fractured with all their little factions wanting it done their way that it can't work. Look at the screwballs doing all the talking, Limbaugh, an uneducated big mouth. Beck, another uneducated nimrod, with ideas that rival kids in the 5th grade. Hannity, just another big mouth whose found a bunch of people he can dictate to that can fuel his ego. Rand Paul, needs to take some lessons from his old man. Pawlenty, another man with grand assperations, will never be appealling to the independent voter's. Jindal? his resoponce to the President spelled his doom as anything higher than he is.

It  won't surprise me they will hood wink the voter's this Nov. but they won't be hood winked for long. The party of NO ideas, and NO solutions, won't last long.

Highlighted
Advisor

It was a hypothetical assertion.

About who the power has been (indisputably) and wondering if a yearning for some abstract "days gone by" and hope of rekindling them is at play or not. And to what degree.

Settle down.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

So in a nutshell, you would classify the last 235 years of the American experience as a basic failure?

You would not say that America basically got things right, with the exception of the equality issues?

If that is so, it really is sad.

And the really  sad part is that so many Americans seem to be taking this view.

I read that South Koreans under a certain age no longer understand what the Korean conflict was all about  and wonder why the two countries just can't be one. Probably the same type of phenomenom.

One day we will wake up and all the shakers and movers in America will have been so shaken that they have all moved.

If the statistic someone told me earlier, that the government payroll in one form or another, is now 53% of the American payroll, that moment is probably not far off.

God help us all.

Highlighted
Advisor

"235 years of the American experience"

The times that we "got that right" were the times when the people rallied around efforts to thwart off fuedalism and monopoly and, of course, institutional inequality. From the beginning. As a general progression over a legacy of bumps.  At times, the worst among us would create situations wherein that sort of action was needed, often in times of severe economic distress, as brought about by consolidation of power and over cozy cronyist relationships.

That's what we've got now. Been boiling slowly for 30 years and now the frog has finally stopped kicking.

And there is a noisy political wing that is insisting on (unwittingly for the most part) abdicating the perpetrators.

I'd rather that you didn't equate my disagreements with major policies and other's politicial views with my patriotism. I express them out of it.

Hell yes, the government is to big. But it didn't grow to the size it is arbitrarily. The people demanded it. I'm sure that if we rounded up 100 people form various walks of life and circumstances and asked them to red line the parts of government that they thought were expendable, the whole sheet would be red. But if we then asked that same 100 to restore what they thought was worth keeping the list would likely come back close to whole. 

What we are really missing is enough entrepneuers and identifiably private operators/employers to be able to make an argument against consolidation, against franchise, against integration. As an example, there is probably 1 working farmer for every 10 that were there when you were born...20 for me. The farming still gets done, and arguably better. But there is a question as to whether or not the system has some responsiblity to bear for those 9 and 19 that aren't. Current right wing politics would have them as invisible losers.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Good post.

The part about finding the qualified individuals is the big unknown.

I remember hearing that from the lenders in the 80's when they were re-writing   farm loans and I said to just let the damned thing take its natural course...let the big boys fail, and let other people have a chance for a change. I was share cropping a quarter section, working two other jobs, and waiting for a chance. The comment I got was that "who would take over the farming, then?"

well, I knew that I was someone that would. And I did, to the extent that I now farm ten times as much land and own most of it. But not because of the status quo and debt reduction and writeoffs. I had to fight the system...it was stacked against a new entrepreneur. The so-called "big boys" did not want to open up a new seat at the card table, I had to elbow my way in. I still feel that way. I think it is un-American. I know smaller farmers now that could and would farm more, if they had a chance. But they are getting few and far between. The capital cost to enter farming is larger than ever, and the circumstances that allowed me to prosper also caused a lot of heartache and misery to a lot of others.

There are always people ready to step in and take charge if you leave a system in place that allows the cream to come to the top. I love that part of America, always have...always will. Just hope that I can continue to recognize it. I sure don't see many liberal democrats that have a clue about what I am even talking about...they are all about continuing to milk the existing cow to death to give the cream to others. And they campaign on this...they even will insult some poor sob trying to get ahead at his ice cream shop and call him a smart a$$. Can anyone in America stand Joe BiteMe? I can see why his poor wife turned down his marriage proposals so many times. Hope he blows a hair plug and leaves the American scene for good.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

What I meant by "good post"

I actually did not mean that I agreed with much of anything in your reply, Bruce, but I meant that it was written in decent sentences, using good grammar, and absent the profanities or tirades you and some of your liberal brethren sometime use.

Based on your criteria, I doubt  you would feel that  the founding fathers got the American Revolution right, Manifest Destiny was an obvious imperial plot, and not much good really happened in the first couple of centuries until the progressive movement really gained steam.

I am curious, you have made enough nonsensical comments about my background, where did you arrive at your liberal views from? You post comments that would rival the political responses of a Tracy Beckman(...remember him? I queried him a couple of times at farm organization meetings when he was on the stump, just to see him squirm trying to get a reply in that would not cost the votes of the fellow farmers.) How did you and your wife rise to the earning capacity that you both end up paying over the max in social securitiy each year? Inheritance? Government job?

I would surely bet that it did not happen by the sweat of your brow. Most progressives have some guilt about their relative wealth, cause they feel they did not really earn it. Tell us the basics of your good fortune, if you would be so kind.

Later.