cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
verbatime
Senior Contributor

Re: the truth of the matter is

Excuse me but, if you print trillions of dollars I don't care if you do have deflation the wage guy can't keep up.  So which is better a raise or less earned income credit?  Is is possible to work a 60 hour week get time and a half and end up with less money than if you work the 40 and collect earned income credit... any tax guys on here?

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I haven't specified what minimum wage should be. The point is that you folks always oppose it regardless of what it is proposed. That is why you don't get the votes from the have nots because you don't advance their issues.

r3020
Senior Advisor

You haven't specified what it should be because you don't want it to affect you.

Re: As a Republican

so you are supporting a BTO instead of letting a little guy have a chance--good job

man of steel
Senior Contributor

Re: As a Republican

@kraft-t wrote:

... and a businessman hiring custom work where the pay scale is based on labor plus equipment and fuel?

So you have no problem with Walmart, Nike, and a multitude of other corperations contracting with factories around the world to bring in cheap goods. After all, they are hiring

@kraft-t wrote:

I know you think you have a strong argument but you are wrong. It is not.

mirror mirror on the wall.................

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

So then, are you willing to let this committe decide how much that person must pay the labor (himself included) while they work your farm?

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

I haven't specified what minimum wage should be. The point is that you folks always oppose it regardless of what it is proposed. That is why you don't get the votes from the have nots because you don't advance their issues.

So tell me exactly what it was you say I opposed. 

If I remember correctly, I said I will not be FOR it until I know what I am for.  If it is reasonable, I've got no opposition to it, but I want to know what it is I am being accused of opposing, much the same way I never said I was against universal health care, I was just against the law, the way it was written.

You say you are for a minimum wage increase, but don't say to how much.  For all I know, the sky could be the limit. 

Is there or is there not a point where you would say it is too high, as well?  If so, what is it?

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

wage/weɪdʒ/ Show Spelled [weyj] Show IPA ,noun, verb, waged, wag·ing.
noun
Often, wages. money that is paid or received for work or services

Don't you pay for a service???

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

wages are paid for time worked. I don't pay wages to folks that run someone elses machines on my property.

I know you want to prove me hypocritical but you don't have valid argument. In fact it is silly which is anice way of putting it.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

My custom operator negotiates that with his workers. It is not my concern. Talk to him about it.